Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GoPro Hero 7 Black charging and recording

[ New ]

Hi all,

Are we really not able to charge the camera while recording? This is what I read from How to Charge the Camera Battery. However, the GoPro Camera Battery Life page says the camer has at most 90 minutes of recording time only. How am I going to record continuously during a 3+ hour motorcycle ride? Some of the YouTubers posted video having a power bank attached to their helmet. Does that really work? 

Thanks,

Tang

Tourist

Re: GoPro Hero 7 Black charging and recording

[ New ]

Never mind. All I need to do is remove the battery and use the battery bank directly.

Sightseer

[ New ]

@tanghonglai wrote:

Hi all,

Are we really not able to charge the camera while recording? This is what I read from How to Charge the Camera Battery. However, the GoPro Camera Battery Life page says the camer has at most 90 minutes of recording time only. How am I going to record continuously during a 3+ hour motorcycle ride? Some of the YouTubers posted showbox video having a power bank attached to their helmet. Does that really work? 

Thanks,

Tang

no that never works.

Adventurer

[ New ]

Is it a circuitry that needs to be added, no its firmware that simply needs to be re-written.

if  they allwed us like DJI ,or most other camera's we would not have:

currupted files. lost footage because  we needed  unlimited power..  Maybe gopro's Engineer team will put a solar panel on the camera and  extend our Battery life by .0001%

Sightseer

[ New ]

Have you tried the re fuel that is made for the hero7 I know a friend who uses that which it clamps around the go pro H7B with the battery installed. Once the battery on the go pro starts to be used he turn on the re-fuel which is a larger battery that is wrapped around the camera and it charges the battery while recording. I watched him record a whole 2+ hour concert non stop at 4k.

Tourist

[ New ]

No, I haven't tried refuel. I am going to try a power bank by RAVPower and see how it goes first.