Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro Hero 7 Black battery problem

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I bought 2 weeks ago a GoPro Hero 7 black and for a weekn now I have problems with the battery.

First it started to not charge properly: when I plugged it into the charger the red light started to blink and the battery wouldn't charge more than 87%. One I let it plugged in over the night and from 87%, I found it in the morning being at 30% while it was plugged into a charger. I also tried with different cables, different charger adaptor,  laptop charging, but nothing happened. 

I tried to fix this problem by removing the SD card, checking for firmware updates, but nothing helped.

Also I observed that the battery is drining while the cammera is stopped, and if it is not stopped it consumes something like 50% in 10 minutes of filming on 1080 | 60 | S.

And in this morning, when I tried to start my GoPro I noticed that nothing happed, so i thinked that the battery has consumed overnight while the camera was closed. I plugged the camera to a charger but no red light would turn of, so when I opened the camera (while being connected to a charger) an icon in the top-right corner appeared saying that no battery is connected (NO BATT). I tried to remove the battery, to plug it again, but nothing works

I can provide the invoice details if needed

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 7 Black battery problem

Hi @cristiandinu96

Sorry for any troubles caused.

See if re-flashing the software takes care of the charging issue.

Please follow "Update your camera manually" on this link.

If it's still the same, you may contact our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

You can also reach out to the same store/channel you got the camera from.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi

I'm having the same problem with mine. Did you try the manual update as suggested? If so did it solve the problem?

Kind regards

Sarah

Highlighted
Tourist

I’m the same, bought one last Wednesday, charged it to 100% then used it on Saturday. Filmed for 20 minutes and used 70% of battery. It was on 30% when I’d finished, yet when I turned it on this morning it’s down to 16%. I did the update when first setting it up. Is this normal? Thanks
Highlighted
Tourist

Yes. I tried the manual update and it did not solve the problem. You should contact the support team and they will tell you what you need to do. The bad thing is that you need to follow an entire procedure: manual update, try another battery (sent by them for free), and the last resort is to replace the camera.
For me, the solution was to replace the camera, because the manual update or another battery didn't help.
If you will need to go through all those steps, you should know that it will take some time to solve the issue. The battery took almost 2 weeks or something like that to arrive, and then the replacement camera another 3 days... So yeah, you should be patient.
For me, the replacement of the camera was the solution.
Highlighted
Tourist

This is bizarre, I'm on Chat to Support - I'm being told that when you're not using the camera, remove the battery and SD card. "For lithium ions, it tends to degrade devices when its been in direct contact while stuck in storage"

Highlighted
Tourist

Please could  you let us know if take the battery out and the SD card helps? I don't hold my breath. This is awful, paying such a large amount of money for what could be an amazing camera yet let down by the battery! 

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi, I've just done a manual update, the battery is charging now.  Support sent me another email to say do the manual update, charge to 100%, remove battery for 24hrs, then look at it then.  I'll let you know if that helps.

Cheers

Phil