Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: GoPro Hero 7 Black and Wifi connections (Smart Remote-Wifi and iPhone X)

Thanks.  if you read the original post, which i raised, the issues are essentially the same.  Dropped WiFi connection when using the GoPro 3.5mm mic adapter (not power adapter).  There is enough documented history and information to recreate the problem in one of your test labs and update the software code to allow for uninteruppted wifi communication regardless of power supply (as long as there is enough)

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: GoPro Hero 7 Black and Wifi connections (Smart Remote-Wifi and iPhone X)

hmm  I used the smart remote while connected to external power via mic adapter it went for a full 6 hours.

I found that the cable I used from the power adapter to the external power source made a huge difference.

but I did notice all kinds of weird stuff when I had the battery installed and connected to the USB power source.

Have you tried removing the battery and running straight off the USB power source via the mic adapter?

Once I did that the weird shut offs stopped happening.  I think it's related to buggy power mangement code.

The worst part of doing the external power via the mic adaper is the audi is .5 seconds out of sync.  It's all probably related the buggy firmware in the Hero 7..........