Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GoPro Hero 7 Black - Using LiveView with USB-C to charge without seeing 'USB Connected'

[ New ]

Hi all,

I use my Hero 7 Black as a webcam for livestreaming on Twitch via OBS Studio.

I have been doing so for about 2 weeks with no issue, however today I started it all up as normal and instead of seeing my usual video output in OBS I see a black screen saying 'USB Connected'.

How do I get rid of this whilst keeping it plugged in to charge?? It goes whenever I unplug it but the camera won't last any more than about an hour on just the battery.

I have tried the following so far:

• Rebooting camera
  • Rebooting OBS
  • Rebooting PC
  • Taking camera off LiveView and putting it back on
  • Updating camera's firmware
  • Different USB ports on PC (both 2.0 and 3.0)
  • Factory reset camera

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Tourist

Re: GoPro Hero 7 Black - Using LiveView with USB-C to charge without seeing 'USB Connected'

[ New ]

Update for those interested: Fixed the issue by charging via USB wall plug instead of into PC

View solution in original post

Nomad

Re: GoPro Hero 7 Black - Using LiveView with USB-C to charge without seeing 'USB Connected'

[ New ]

Your PC may have updated the driver to recognize the GoPro Hero 7, so therefore now you're getting the USB connected which is disabling your camera.  The fix is easy, either use a wall socket to power your camera or use a power bank, just don't plug it into the PC.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Tourist

[ New ]

Update for those interested: Fixed the issue by charging via USB wall plug instead of into PC

Nomad

[ New ]

Your PC may have updated the driver to recognize the GoPro Hero 7, so therefore now you're getting the USB connected which is disabling your camera.  The fix is easy, either use a wall socket to power your camera or use a power bank, just don't plug it into the PC.