Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

GoPro Hero 7 Black Turn off Bug

Hello,

using: HERO7 Black update v1.80 | August 14, 2019

Normally if you turn the camera off you have to press and hold the Mode button until the red LED blinks three times. However if you keep pressing the Mode button the camera doesn't turn off. This also happens sometimes if you rotate the camera (or doing both: keep pressing the Mode button AND rotate the camera)

If this happens and you press the Mode button until the screen turns black the GoPro turns off for a few seconds but then automatically turns on without pressing any button. After that you have to press the Mode button for a long (random) time to turn it finally off.

See a video an other YouTube user:

Please report this bug to your devlopment team to fix this with the next update.

Regards,

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 7 Black Turn off Bug

Hi @iti631

Please proceed with a manual software update. https://gopro.com/en/us/update/hero7-black

Once done, please reset the camera. https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Reset-Camera-Settings/ta-p/388279

If it's still the same, please reach out to our Support Team.
They are available by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!
Ej

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hi,

Me too have the same issue the camera hangs on and cannot be switched off. Can be switched off only by removing battery.

Tried updating but no result.

And could not connect to the customer care.

Thanks

Highlighted
Hiker

Hello,

I already did that. Before the update (1.8) the camera had freezing issues when rotating the camera after recording but since then this problem is gone (as it is mentioned (release notes)).

Now after I manually updated and reset the camera I sometimes have these problems irregularly as described (perhaps because I press the "Mode" button too long or / and rotate the camera at the same time).

My Version (tested and where problems occured:) HERO7 Black update v1.80 | August 14, 2019

Regards,

iti63

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @faststoke86741 @iti631

Thanks for trying the suggested steps.

If you are having trouble getting through our Support Team, please try selecting US-English when initiating a chat session.

If calling, please make sure that the network you are using allows calls to toll free numbers.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Same here, upgraded only just last week, same issue, always random.

I am sure,Gopro development would have seen it.

cheers

Highlighted
Tourist

I might add one new problem, after the update.  now when charging, after turning off, the red LED would blink and turns on, showing that it is charging, but after a few seconds, it would turn off and stopped charging.  Again, I have to remove the battery and try again after re-inserting it.

Highlighted
Hiker

I think the best way to report a problem is by writing an email to bugbounty@gopro.com . I also hope the GoPro Admins report these problems to the development team.