Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

GoPro Hero 7 Black Snow / Cold Weather Issues

So i purchased this product from the local REI December of 2018 and in the last year I've yet to be able to use it in Mammoth or Utah. 

The camera either doesn't turn on, turn off or it just turns off on its own within seconds being exposed in cold temps. 

Just curious if anyone else has experienced this and if so what's to say this won't happen with the Hero 8 Black if I did decide to upgrade? 

Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: GoPro Hero 7 Black Snow / Cold Weather Issues

Today was 33 degrees I simply when ready take it out of the Pocket and use it.  so for me I do not  keep my camera in the Open that can be one good reason it faisl to run properly.  Any camera

Highlighted
Sightseer

Thanks for the feedback. I keep the camera in a neoprene case which is in my backpack so I'm only pulling out the camera when we're ready for a run. Just find it odd that I'd pay almost $400 for a camera that doesn't work in the snow. My iPhone 11 pro did it all just fine and to be honest the cam stabilization on the iPhone 11 pro in wide format makes the GoPro Hero 7 black look outdated and cumbersome. 

I had every model gropro and never had this issue till the 7 black version. Might just have to flip it on eBay and stick with the iPhone in a lifeproof case. 

Highlighted
Tourist

I have the same problem with my heor 7 shutting off after a couple of seconds in cold weather.  I snowmobile and have it mounted to my helmet.  Obviously chagning bateries as I'm driving is not an option.  I do have the supersuit and try to rubber band hand warmers to it, but it still gets too cold some times.  Has anyone tried putting an external battery in their jacket and then just running a cord up and keeping the camera plugged into it?  Any reason this would not work?