Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 7 Black LCD screen

[ New ]

Thanks, @paulr6122. Let us know if anything else comes up.

Hiker

[ New ]
Hello aenriquez.
Well, nothing came up. Nothing.
I requested a call back (4th time) & have not received one. Even as of the time of this post.
I waited for almost 4 hours got that call
I then tried the online chat. I tried & tried. I waited & waited. . I never received any form of acknowledgement or confirmation. There was, therefore, no chat.
Not clear what more I can do
Thanks
P
GoPro

[ New ]

@paulr6122, did you use different email info? Were you able to get a case number upon submitting the contact request?

I used the email address associated with your Support Hub profile and the most latest contact request from your profile was last 8/19/2020.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble connecting with the team. We try to help out as best as we can.

When contacting our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs, if you haven't yet, try again after clearing cache and cookies or using a different browser. You may also explore using an incognito browser to see if it makes a difference. Also, please manually enter the details on the form; do not copy-paste the info.

Once on the page, fill out the form and you will be given an option to initiate a chat conversation or to request a callback. Be sure to put in your best contact number on the form.

Hiker

[ New ]

Hi

I have tried again - the 5th time. Once again, I have had no chat or call back.

I included the case number and the serial number. I checked these were correct before doing so.

I included the email address and the telephone number. I checked these were correct and as per the subscription before doing so.

I recieved a message across the screen saying all operators were busy and to try on another occasion.

So.

No joy whatsoever here. None. I have followed the instructions and provided all the correct information. However, I have had no reply other than your email and comments here. None of those have addressed the problem but deal solely with accessing the information. Of course, I cannot access that information.

I am a complete loss now. 5 attempts and a number of emails should have been enough to elicit some information. Some. Sadly, I have no information and have a camera that is inoperable.

GoPro

[ New ]

@paulr6122, could you please share with us the email address used when you submitted the contact request? You can send it to me via private message so I can help check with our team.

I've tried using the email address associate with your Support Hub profile and I wasn't able to locate any most recent contact requests submitted to our system.

Hiker

[ New ]

Hiya,

I sent you an email. Direct to the address used previously by you. Same email addresses for you and I.

No reply though.

I cannot do anything further. I have contacted GoPro in the manner requested. I have communicated direct with you. I have posted here a number of times.

Sadly, it does seem as if I will achieve no resolution here or at all.

I have cancelled the subscription. I figure I will try elsewhere for a replacement camera.

Thanks.

Hiker

[ New ]
Hiya
Sadly, I report that I have no information or answer from GoPro. I certainly received a few emails from GoPro with information about contacting it. No joy there. I have tried direct contact, the chat, the call back, Facebook, etc. Never received any call back. No direct or even indirect relevant information.
As such, I cannot offer any useful information or advice on the LCD issue.
I have exhausted all avenues of contact readily available. I concede defeat.
Apologies to anyone looking for an answer. I cannot assist.
Thanks
Nomad

[ New ]

the top right corner is a thumb print crack. it was an accidenatal screen press which in result made the crystals in the screen crack and bleed. thats what the black blob is. you pressed the screen to hard when you gripped it. if you have the subscription active still i would recommend getting an exchange as it will be a lot cheaper then buying a new one again