Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: GoPro Hero 7 Black LCD screen

[ New ]
No. I haven’t had a reply of any sorts. I handed over all of my contact details. Therefore, I am unable to give you a case number.
Hiker

[ New ]

GoProH7 LCD.jpg

Hiker

[ New ]

Finally managed to upload an image of the rear LCD screen: see above.

Maybe this helps too.

The camera is always used within the GoPro Sleeve or Super Suit when out of the water. A small measure of extra protection. Both are genuine GoPro products.

In the ocean, the camera is almost always used within the GoPro Super Suit. I say almost always because the Super Suit did allow water to pass by its seal and enter inside. On another forum here, I did learn annd have better (but not perfect) success in waterproofing by applying vaseline along the seal to complemet the closure.

Otherwise, the camera was used as is - not successfully, as water or sand or both would enter the lens cover area OR (unrelated to here) the impact of the surf would cause some settings to change.

GoPro

[ New ]

@paulr6122, I tried locating your Support case using the email address associated with your Support Hub profile to no avail. We can help follow up with the team about your case if we can locate it. If you don't have the Support case number, kindly share with us the email or phone number that you used when you filled out the form at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs. Please send them to me via private message to keep the details hidden from your public post.

Hiker

[ New ]
Hi antiquez,
Thanks.
I sent you a private message yesterday. I appreciate it is the weekend & am not expecting any reply before business resumes.
Ta muchly
Paul
Hiker

[ New ]
Hello GoPro & aenriquez,

I have used the online support facility a number of times now. I have had no joy. I have not had an email or call or chat online. I cannot seem to actually get in direct contact with anyone that can assist. This is despite my having a case incident number, a number of emails direct from GoPro & a Plus account. Thought I might have received some service or any service at all.
So.
I ask, yet again, for GoPro or aenriquez to contact me or post some information as to why & how the camera LCD screen failed in the way it did. Can this please be done asap. I remain a GoPro Plus account & paying a monthly fee. This is the third GoPro Hero camera I have purchased. I would prefer to remain a GoPro user. I cannot do so in the absence of a camera.

Many thanks.
GoPro

[ New ]

@paulr6122, the issue could be due to either a firmware or hardware problem in your GoPro camera. If it only happened after your most recent activity, was there any accidental impact that might've caused the damage on the camera's rear LCD display?

Also, I understand that you were then able to successfully submit a callback request. However, our Support Team tried contacting you to no avail. An email was also sent to notify you about the failed attempt.

We try to help out as best as we can, and we want to get your camera up and working again.

Please try resubmitting a contact request. Once on the page, fill out the form and you will be given an option to initiate a chat conversation or to request a callback. Be sure to put in your best contact number on the form.

You may also try initiating a chat session to speak with one of our chat representatives.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Hiker

[ New ]

Okay. Will try again - fourth time though.

As far as I am aware, the camera did not suffer any impact. I have described the events previously - see above.

I am simply having no joy in achieving any sort of explanation or assistance.

Bear in mind, as stated above, the LCD screen has no readable information whatsoever. No image or information can be seen. It is not possible, therefore, to undertake any analysis.

Many thanks,

PaulR