Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

GoPro Hero 7 Black LCD screen

[ New ]
Hello All
I cannot upload an image of the rear LCD screen of my GoPro 7. The camera is predominately used for surfing photography - video & photos. Today, the rear LCD screen displayed a large black spot about 20% of the total area. Subsequently, some vertical lines & colours began to appear. They remain some 8 hours later. I do not know why this happened. I cannot remove any of these. I have checked online but not seen anything helpful The camera was operating but not filming at the time. It was on my hand in the air - not in the water.
Any ideas or suggestions or comments on the cause and repair?
The surf photography is my hobby & passion. The loss of the camera is a real drama.
Many thanks,
Paul
Nomad

Re: GoPro Hero 7 Black LCD screen

[ New ]

Have you tried doing a manual re-install of the firmware?

Highlighted
Hiker

[ New ]
Hey Irishmanpdx. Thanks for the suggestion. I have not tried that. Whilst technology & I have a strained relationship, I will try what you have suggested. Ta muchly.
Hiker

[ New ]

I have struggled with the suggestion. The LCD screen is covered by the black spot and some vertical lines and colouring. It is not operational. No response to touch. No image or information. Camera not recgised by laptop computer.

Any suggestions welcome.

Many thanks.

P

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @paulr6122. Please contact our Support Team so we can assist you further in resolving this. You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.

Hiker

[ New ]
Hi Aenriquez. I have contacted the Support Team. I haven’t heard back as yet.
Thanks,
Paul
Adventurer

[ New ]

with what was said you and gopro will need to work it out, as gopro  today by members have issues contacting, that is gopros fault.

water sports, a case, and or plus plan. problems would not have happened,   take a photo, and make a video, what gopro will be requesting when working with them, water, fire, are two factors that are not covered by gopro.

GoPro

[ New ]

@paulr6122, do you have a Support case number that we can check?