Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

GoPro Hero 7 Black HEVC editing

Hi, 

I am shooting video on my new GoPro Hero 7 Black and trying all formats/framerates.

Then I put the files on my PC but I cannot play all video files :(

The 4K 50fps (I live in a PAL region) do not play. VLC is not working and Quick software says my hardware does not support HEVC.

My PC:

Intel i7 4770

32GB DDR3

Asrock Z87 Extreme 4

Gigabite GTX770

My question is: Will I be able to edit 4k 50/60fps files in GoPro Quick when I updrade to a Nvidia GTX1060 video card?

Hope you can share your knowledge.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro Hero 7 Black HEVC editing

GoPro Quick works max 1080p60W, higest resolution you must works in other [not go pro] programs.

Highlighted
Sightseer

I also have Cyberlink Powerdirector but this is not working at the moment. Will this work with a newer videocard?
Highlighted
Adventurer

@reddawn24146 wrote:
I also have Cyberlink Powerdirector but this is not working at the moment. Will this work with a newer videocard?

Which Power Director  ther  are quite a few versions out there. the program i have is PD 16 ultimate.

the software would have  put codecs on to allow you to  edit them.

Maybe  you need to   search and load some codecs  on your pc.

Highlighted
Hiker

What OS are you running? If Windows 10 you can get HEVC codec from Windows store. You have to pay a small amount for it though (79 pence in UK)
Highlighted
Sightseer

Thank you! This solved the problem. I downloaded the offical Windows 10 HEVC codes from the Windows Store. Now the playback is working and I can edit the GoPro footage in Premiere Pro. I think I need to upgrade PowerDirector. Problem Solved.
Highlighted
Adventurer

2013 and older  yeah pd did not use the codes on your old program that never was said Lol good luck