Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro Hero 7 Black Freeze / Black Screen

Hi,

During a recent use of my GoPro several video's have been damaged and could not be played back. We found out it had crashed and/or freeze these times. Now at home i've manually updated the GoPro as instructed on your forum and now it does not even turn on 90% of the times and that 10% of tries that the screen actually comes on it freezes after 1 to 5 seconds.

I've formatted the SD card and sucessfully upgraded the software twice (a check mark appeared). Tried several batteries and SD cards. But after the automatic restart it crashed and/or freezes again. Sometimes the GoPro doesnt even turn on (I can see a diffirent kind of black on the screen), and the other times the screen turns on but freezes after a few seconds.

- Updated: Yes

- SD card between screen and slot: No

- Tried with several batteries: Yes

- Tried with and without SD card: Yes

- Tried with several SD cards: Yes

Looking forward to your reply.

Kind regards.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 7 Black Freeze / Black Screen

Hi @sunnydawn62420

If you have gone through the steps on https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Camera-Freezes-Up/ta-p/393032 and it's still the same, please let our Support Team know.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Heads up! Our team is currently working through a volume of contacts, response time may be slightly longer than usual. We appreciate your understanding.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro Hero 7 Black Freeze / Black Screen

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. As you might not have read, all the steps have been taken. I'm returning the device to my supplier. If they will not accept the 'repair' I will contact your Supoort team.

Best regards!