Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

GoPro Hero 7 Black Frame marking the GoPro?

When I had recieved my new GoPro as a birthday gift, I spotted a line sort of mark on the area where the lens is, on the rubber skin. I later descovered that this is the only area of the go pro frame which does not have rubber going around it. I wanted to check if this sort of thing is experienced by any of you guys, and if you would return it for something like this.

Any feedback is greatly appriciated.

Link to more pictures : https://imgur.com/a/gMxXrOu

Thanks!

1.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: GoPro Hero 7 Black Frame marking the GoPro?

If your camera is working and doing what it's supposed to, then I wouldn't bother sending it back.  You have a small cosmetic mark that's not affecting functionality at all.  I've had GoPro's ever since the  Hero 2 came out and they are still going strong, they have a lot more bumps, scratchs, breaks etc and this is just something to be expected from an action cam.  It will get bashed, smacked, dropped, kicked, and more.  Point is, if it's working, you're all good.  

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Nomad

If your camera is working and doing what it's supposed to, then I wouldn't bother sending it back.  You have a small cosmetic mark that's not affecting functionality at all.  I've had GoPro's ever since the  Hero 2 came out and they are still going strong, they have a lot more bumps, scratchs, breaks etc and this is just something to be expected from an action cam.  It will get bashed, smacked, dropped, kicked, and more.  Point is, if it's working, you're all good.  

Highlighted
Tourist

Cheers for your input mate!