Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

GoPro Hero 7 Black Beeps volume low after update

I've encontered a somwhat odd problem. The volume of the beeps on my GoPro Hero 7 Black is very low. even lower compared to the setting LOW.

I tried to mute it and go through the different levels, but it's still extremely low. Has anyone else encountered this? It happened after I updated to 1.70

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 7 Black Beeps volume low after update

Hello @shady-k. This is indeed odd. How was the camera updated? Was it manually or through the app? See if re-flashing the software following the Manual Update instructions here https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/software-update-instructions-for-hero7-cameras will help. We'd love to hear back from you. 

Highlighted
Hiker

Hello,

First it happened after I updated it through the GoPro App (IOS). It started getting funny with freezing during recording or on start up, found out that several others have had that problem when the "low Light" setting has been activated. De-activating that and activating it when needed solved that issue, but not th sound.

So yesterday I manually re-upgraded the camera by downloading the upgrade files to the SD-card. The sound is still a problem. Everything else works fine, just that the beeps are very low. Hehe.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @shady-k

Thank you for going through the suggested steps.

As this is not a usual behavior, please reach out to our Support Team to move forward with the sound issue.

You may contact them by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs  

Please let them know of the troubleshooting steps taken so far.

And have your camera's serial number and proof of purchase ready.

Regards,

Ej