Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro Hero 7 Black Battery Drain

Hi Jay, I successfully did the manual update which followed the steps in Gopro’s website.

After manual update I let the battery fully charged. Then I tried to took a 1080-60 video for 5 minutes and the battery dropped 5%. (Same like previous settings)

Then I let the camera off for 12hrs, the battery dropped 2%.

In standby mode with screen off and unused, battery dropped 3% in 5 minutes.

So, are these normal?
Highlighted
GoPro

Thanks for letting us know @lovepaperplane,

How about a full recording test? 

How long will it last?

If it won't last at least 1 hour in 1080 then please contact our customer support team.

The other problem might be fixed in the next update.

We'll submit that concern. 

Thanks,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Tourist

Hopefully this gets fixed soon. Mine is draining all the way down to 15% when turned off and fully recharged the night before with 1.51

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi Jay! Ok, I will try to do it as you advised and update you later. Thanks!
Highlighted
Tourist

Hi Jay, I just tried to fully charge the battery before I take the video, but sudden made me shock is it’s showed 0% battery when fully charged. After removed the battery from GoPro and put back again it shows 100% again. >.<|||
Highlighted
Tourist

After taking 1080-60 video for 1hr, battery decreased 60%, left 40%. (Settings are same like previous mentioned), so this consider normal?
**Before recording, when battery fully charged, gopro showed 0% of battery.
Highlighted
Tourist

Yes, I got my GoPro Hero 7 Black yesterday. It was 15% charged. I fully charged it to 100%. I installed the App in my iPhone and did and automatica update. By just turning it on and playing with the screen looking at the settings from a minute the battery drained from 100% to 94% in less than a minute. I fully charged it again, and turned it off and unpluged the charged cable overnight. The next morning 0% battery. How could this drain over night?

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @monitorthemusic

Kindly try the workaround listed on this thread: https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/LED-Light-don-t-turn-off-when-fully-charged/m-p/257263#M74791

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej