Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro Hero 7 Black Battery Drain

I just own my 1st Gopro for social media project recently, unfortunately I facing the below issues on my new GoPro Hero 7 Black (already updated latest firmware before these issues happened)

Issue 1:
1st time plug in charging the GoPro, the LED blinking few times then no more. Turn off and turn on again the LED just permanently light on. Not yet fully charged (just 71%) the LED turned off. Turn on Gopro and check it’s showed still charging and LED resume on again.

Issue 2:
After fully charged from 5% to 100% (about 2.5hrs), then using the GoPro to take few photos and 2-3 4k30f videos, the battery dropped drastically. Even the GoPro in screen saver mode, the battery dropped 5% in about 6min (subject with turn off voice command, gps, WiFi and reduce brightness).

Issue 3:
When viewing the photos and videos, suddenly the GoPro freezing. I tried to hold the mode button about 10sec then it only unfreeze and restart again.

Issue 4:
Tried to take 1080k 60f video, the battery dropped about 14% for 11minutes video.
(Using Sandisk Extreme 32G which the part number like in Gopro recommend list, WiFi+GPS+Voice Command+Protune off, brightness 26%)
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 7 Black Battery Drain

Hi @lovepaperplane,

Sorry to know that you're experiencing that. 

Please try to check if manually installing a new firmware will help. 

Just follow the steps provided on this website. 

https://gopro.com/update/hero7-black

Choose Update your camera manually and then fill out the serial number and email address. 

After that reformat your SD card and follow the steps provided on the website. 

Thanks,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi Jay, appreciate your prompt reply. Will keep updating once I do the manual update. Hopefully this will solved.
Highlighted
GoPro

Sure @lovepaperplane,

I'm hoping for the best as well. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Nomad

Also check the speed of the card you are using? Where did you but it? Hopefully not off ebay.
Highlighted
GoPro

I agree with andrews63's statement. 

Highlighted
Tourist

My card is Sandisk Extreme MicroSDHC UHS-I A1 V30 with part number SDSQXAF-032G-GN6AA.
Highlighted
GoPro

Did you update the camera's firmware manually already? @lovepaperplane

Please let us know.

Thanks,

-Jay