Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

GoPro Hero 7 Black Battery Drain when Off

Since purchasing my GoPro and spare battery several months ago, I have had continual intermittent issues with the battery life. To start with, if I fully charge the batteries, after inserting in the GoPro (with all background settings turned off - voice activation etc), after 24 hours, the battery has lost between 5 and 10%.  After several days, it can be down to 70%.  In addition to this, I have had several instances where after getting my unit set up the night prior to the next day's use (unit then turned off), I would find the unit has completely drained the battery by the next day. This has happened about 5 times now.  Also several other times, when I have turned the unit off, after a little while I have noticed the unit has become extremely hot.  I was then not able to turn the unit on or get it to react in any way. The only option was to remove the battery to 'reset' the unit.  In a nutshell, I am not happy with the performance of my GoPro when it comes to standby battery life and issues with the unit not switching off correctly.  As an aside, not impressed with your 'contact' page - that doesn't seem to work very well either.

Sightseer

Re: GoPro Hero 7 Black Battery Drain when Off

Additions Info: Software updated to latest as per this website, unit tested for last month or so - same issues exist. Both batteries also exhibit same symptoms.
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: GoPro Hero 7 Black Battery Drain when Off

That's a known problem. The only solution: Don't store your camera with the battery inside. I tried everything so far: different cards, batteries, even replaced the camera. Lots of users have the same issue. Just read some reviews - it's the same all over the world.