Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

GoPro Hero 6 won't charge

I just updated my Hero 6 firmware to V2 but when i tried to charge my Hero 6 it won't charge, the charging LED switch off after like 1 minute of charging and then it switch on again after a few seconds. I tried to leave it to charge for about an hour but it doesn't charge for a percent. Any fix for this problem? Everything was just fine before i updated the firmware, should i downgrade the firmware to lower version?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 6 won't charge

Hi @fireyjump01347

Thank you for the information you have shared. This could probably an issue on the battery.

If doing the manual update did not resolve the issue, please reach out to our Support Team. Let them know of the troubleshooting steps taken so far.

You may reach out to them via phone or chat. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best Regards,

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @fireyjump01347

Please go over the steps below to get your camera to turn on/ charge:

1. Disconnect the camera from any external power source and remove SD card. Remove and reinsert battery.
  2. Press the Mode Button to see if the camera responds (look for LED illumination, beeps, or a response from the camera’s screens).
  3. If there's no response, attempt to reset camera by pressing and holding the Mode Button for 8-10 seconds. After releasing the button, leave the camera alone for ≈5 seconds and attempt to get a response from the camera by pressing the Mode Button.
  4. If still unable to get any sign of life from camera, connect to a 5V 2A wall charger (5V 1A minimum) using the GoPro USB Type-C cable, look for red LED illumination to indicate charging. NOTE: In a pinch, you can use a computer USB port, but we do not recommend using a multi-port USB hub when trying to charge the camera. If the red illumination LED does not appear, try using a secondary USB Type-C cable. 
  5. If/when red LEDs illuminate, allow camera to remain charging for a few minutes.
  6. Remove the camera from charging source and attempt to get a response from the camera by pressing the Mode Button.
  7. If provided with a response, allow camera to turn back off, insert the SD card and wait ≈5 seconds, then attempt to record a sample video.

If all else fails, please try to run a manual software update  again.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ej

Highlighted
Sightseer

@aragon1006 
I tried that method, it's not working. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @fireyjump01347

Did the camera turn on when you connect it without the battery and the SD card?

This will help us identify if the issue could be on the battery, cable or the unit itself.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Sightseer

@aragon1006
Yes, it did turn on when i connect it without the battery and the SD card.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @fireyjump01347

Thank you for the information you have shared. This could probably an issue on the battery.

If doing the manual update did not resolve the issue, please reach out to our Support Team. Let them know of the troubleshooting steps taken so far.

You may reach out to them via phone or chat. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best Regards,

Ej