Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro Hero 6 with Blackmagic Ultrastudio Mini Recorder .. Not compatible ... !! When?

Hi all,
I'm dealing with the same problem.

HDMI OUT from GoPro Hero 6 works, but only by converting to SDI!

I'm working with the following solution: GoPro Hero 6 HDMI out > BMD HDMI to SDI > SDI CABLE > BMD UltraStudio Mini Recorder > HOPE !

I hope that my observation will go to someone ;)

IMG_6589.jpg

IMG_6590.jpg

Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: GoPro Hero 6 with Blackmagic Ultrastudio Mini Recorder .. Not compatible ... !! When?

[ Edited ]

This is exactly the setup I wanted to use (Rode + Hero 6 + Mini Recorder). Isn't there any other way without the battery converter? :/

Highlighted
Tourist

I have been having exactly this problem with my GoPro Hero6 Black.
When I plug it into a monitor, the monitor says it's receiving 1080p25.
However, no matter what settings I have on the GoPro or the Blackmagic Ultrastudio Mini Recorder I cannot get the HDMI signal from the GoPro 6 to into the Blackmagic device.
This exact setup works fine with GoPro Hero 3. What's changed with the GoPro 6?!
Has anyone been able to get this working yet, or found the reason why it doesn't work?

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @fireycave1334

Please go over the steps listed on this article:

No Signal when Outputting with HDMI

You can also check this:

Best Ways to Achieve Video Out Signal via HDMI

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Same problem !

Nothing works.

Do you think DrHDMI can solve the problem ?

http://www.drhdmi.eu/dr-hdmi.html

Highlighted
Sightseer

Just chiming in to mention this problem still exists more than a year later...and with the GoPro Hero 7.

Like itomat's experience above, the only way I've been able to get it to work is to introduce a third device in the chain to convert to SDI first.

Highlighted
Tourist

Auto Reply ...

Dr HDMI is not working ... still black screen !

Highlighted
Tourist

Experience with Elgato Cam Link ?

The gopro 6 and 7 are supported by Elgato BUT Elgato with wirecast ???

Thx