Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: GoPro Hero 6 with Blackmagic Ultrastudio Mini Recorder .. Not compatible ... !! When?

Anyone figure this out yet, same problem here!

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro Hero 6 with Blackmagic Ultrastudio Mini Recorder .. Not compatible ... !! When?

GoPro 5 is working with Wirecast, but GoPro 6 is not! Why?
Highlighted
Tourist

I think the problem must be GoPro 6.

When i use the Blackmagic Media Express, GoPro 5 comes up, GoPro 6 does not, just a black screen. So its the same problem here.

I tried Quick time player, chose File>New Movie Recording, with the same result. GoPro 5 comes up, GoPro 6 does not, just a black screen.

TV

I tried connect GoPro 6 to TV (with HDMI) and it shows 1080p60. So a signal is coming out of GoPro 6 but it must be something different than GoPro 5, because the last works with Mini Recorder. And by the way, GoPro 5 also shoved 1080p60 on a TV.

So what is it GoPro 6 send out that makes it difficult for  several programs ti show the  feed?

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello Everyone, 

Thank you for reaching out to report this matter. Since the HERO6 Black camera is relatively a new hardware, app makers will need to update their apps to work with the camera the way they did with the HERO5 camera. Has anyone tried contacting Wirecast or Blackmagic perhaps? 

Best regards, 
Marius

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hi all. I am a live stream professional. I know what it is. The GoPro only outputs 29.97.

What we want is the choice to change the video output like in the 3+. Without that, it’s going to be hard to include gopros in Productions in the future.
Highlighted
Sightseer

Also I was told that it outputs whatever the frame rate is set at but that’s false and only does 29.97 output. GoPro should be more on top of this. Honestly. The guys on support don’t understand frame rates or my question and I’m happy to see that GoPro did respond. Although what happened is that you are now outputting a less than desireable frame rate and what changed is what we don’t like that happened. Please let us select the output of the camera like in older models. Thank you!!
Highlighted
Tourist

But when you connect both GoPro5 AND GoPro 6 to a TV, they both show 1080p60! How can this be? And why does GoPro 5 work, but GoPro 6 does not when it comes to get a picture up on computer? Its the same problem for several  apps. Quick time, Black Magic Media express, and Wirecast all have the same problem.

Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for the additional notes, @nickb75 and @runef860 (also for providing a video presentation on it). This is something the our team can look into. You can also leave a line or two for your recommendations/suggestions/feedback here.  The link though is experiencing some issues now, which is being resolved, so if you encounter an error, you may just save the link for future posting. Appreciate you for sharing bringing this matter to our attention. 

Best regards, 
Marius