Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Anonymous

GoPro Hero 6 with Blackmagic Ultrastudio Mini Recorder .. Not compatible ... !! When?

[ New ]

Hello, I bought the GoPro Hero 6 a few days ago, I have tried all the possible configurations of video resolution, and never connect to my UltraStudio Mini Recorder throught HDMI into my iMac.

I have tried different HDMI cables and Software  (Wircast, Express, OBS, etc ...) and never works.

In the end,  I've come to the conclusion that the gopro and the video capture are not compatible for some reason.

Working with an iMac 5k (Late 2015) on Mac OSx Sierra 10.12.6

I would like to know if someone who has this same setup, gets to connect both items.

Any solution?  I'm thinking of changing the GoPro for the nuyeva Sony RX0.

Regards, 
Antonio.

Anonymous

Re: GoPro Hero 6 with Blackmagic Ultrastudio Mini Recorder .. Not compatible ... !! When?

[ New ]

What model do you have exactly ??

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: GoPro Hero 6 with Blackmagic Ultrastudio Mini Recorder .. Not compatible ... !! When?

[ New ]

VideoCam: GoPro Hero 6 Black

Capture Video: BlackMagic UltraStudio Mini Recorder. (Thunderbolt connection)

Regards,

Antonio.

Anonymous

[ New ]

Exactly same problem here!

GoPRO HERO 6 Black with BlackMagic Design UltraStudio Mini Recorder (thunderbolt ver.)

this prolem is just like HDCP , some how hero6 block its signal once HDMI cable is plugged.

Anonymous

[ New ]

The same problem here as well. :(

Anonymous

[ New ]

I have the same problem. I got the new gopro karma with hero 6 black (AND LOVE IT) but I  also am a live streaming guy and can't get the new gopro to show up. In wirecast, it ususally assigns the codec and resolution but its not showing up in it. I have had the same problem with a Canon C200 and its HDMI output but no problems when its SDI out. I'm going to say that new cameras that just came out aren't being supported through HDMI connection and this is a topic for Blackmagic perhaps.

I am Nick Bogannam. I go pro baby!

www.nickbogannam.com

www.toplevelproductions.com

Anonymous

[ New ]

hi folks, im trying to get my hero6 black working with a blackmagic ultra studio mini recorder into OBS so i can stream on facebook

does anybody know if there are any downloads available to get these two / three3 things workig i tandom.

thanks in advance

Steve

Anonymous

[ New ]

I have connected gopro5 to wirecast and it works. But when i connect gopro6 it does not work. Any ideas? Why does not gopro6 work?

https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/Use-GoPro6-with-Wirecast/td-p/69610

https://telestreamforum.forumbee.com/t/63kf2j/connect-gopro56-to-wirecast

Anonymous

[ New ]

Anyone figure this out yet, same problem here!

Anonymous

[ New ]
GoPro 5 is working with Wirecast, but GoPro 6 is not! Why?
Anonymous

[ New ]

I think the problem must be GoPro 6.

When i use the Blackmagic Media Express, GoPro 5 comes up, GoPro 6 does not, just a black screen. So its the same problem here.

I tried Quick time player, chose File>New Movie Recording, with the same result. GoPro 5 comes up, GoPro 6 does not, just a black screen.

TV

I tried connect GoPro 6 to TV (with HDMI) and it shows 1080p60. So a signal is coming out of GoPro 6 but it must be something different than GoPro 5, because the last works with Mini Recorder. And by the way, GoPro 5 also shoved 1080p60 on a TV.

So what is it GoPro 6 send out that makes it difficult for  several programs ti show the  feed?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello Everyone, 

Thank you for reaching out to report this matter. Since the HERO6 Black camera is relatively a new hardware, app makers will need to update their apps to work with the camera the way they did with the HERO5 camera. Has anyone tried contacting Wirecast or Blackmagic perhaps? 

Best regards, 
Marius

Anonymous

[ New ]
Hi all. I am a live stream professional. I know what it is. The GoPro only outputs 29.97.

What we want is the choice to change the video output like in the 3+. Without that, it’s going to be hard to include gopros in Productions in the future.
Anonymous

[ New ]
Also I was told that it outputs whatever the frame rate is set at but that’s false and only does 29.97 output. GoPro should be more on top of this. Honestly. The guys on support don’t understand frame rates or my question and I’m happy to see that GoPro did respond. Although what happened is that you are now outputting a less than desireable frame rate and what changed is what we don’t like that happened. Please let us select the output of the camera like in older models. Thank you!!
Anonymous

[ New ]

But when you connect both GoPro5 AND GoPro 6 to a TV, they both show 1080p60! How can this be? And why does GoPro 5 work, but GoPro 6 does not when it comes to get a picture up on computer? Its the same problem for several  apps. Quick time, Black Magic Media express, and Wirecast all have the same problem.

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the additional notes, @Anonymous and @Anonymous (also for providing a video presentation on it). This is something the our team can look into. You can also leave a line or two for your recommendations/suggestions/feedback here.  The link though is experiencing some issues now, which is being resolved, so if you encounter an error, you may just save the link for future posting. Appreciate you for sharing bringing this matter to our attention. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi all,
I'm dealing with the same problem.

HDMI OUT from GoPro Hero 6 works, but only by converting to SDI!

I'm working with the following solution: GoPro Hero 6 HDMI out > BMD HDMI to SDI > SDI CABLE > BMD UltraStudio Mini Recorder > HOPE !

I hope that my observation will go to someone ;)

IMG_6589.jpg

IMG_6590.jpg

Anonymous

[ New ]

This is exactly the setup I wanted to use (Rode + Hero 6 + Mini Recorder). Isn't there any other way without the battery converter? :/

Hiker

[ New ]

I have been having exactly this problem with my GoPro Hero6 Black.
When I plug it into a monitor, the monitor says it's receiving 1080p25.
However, no matter what settings I have on the GoPro or the Blackmagic Ultrastudio Mini Recorder I cannot get the HDMI signal from the GoPro 6 to into the Blackmagic device.
This exact setup works fine with GoPro Hero 3. What's changed with the GoPro 6?!
Has anyone been able to get this working yet, or found the reason why it doesn't work?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @fireycave1334

Please go over the steps listed on this article:

No Signal when Outputting with HDMI

You can also check this:

Best Ways to Achieve Video Out Signal via HDMI

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Same problem !

Nothing works.

Do you think DrHDMI can solve the problem ?

http://www.drhdmi.eu/dr-hdmi.html

Sightseer

[ New ]

Just chiming in to mention this problem still exists more than a year later...and with the GoPro Hero 7.

Like itomat's experience above, the only way I've been able to get it to work is to introduce a third device in the chain to convert to SDI first.

Tourist

[ New ]

Auto Reply ...

Dr HDMI is not working ... still black screen !

Tourist

[ New ]

Experience with Elgato Cam Link ?

The gopro 6 and 7 are supported by Elgato BUT Elgato with wirecast ???

Thx

Hiker

[ New ]

None of these suggestions work: still can't get HDMI out of the Hero 6 black. I can use the exact same connections that work with the Hero 3, but they don't work with the Hero 6 black. Nothing I do can get either Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini Recorder or Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle to recognise signal from Hero 6 black. This seems to be a common problem, judging by the complaints here and on the Blackmagic forums. Clearly something has gone wrong with the HDMI out function in the Hero 6 and 7, and GoPro need to fix this with a firmware update. How can I escalate this complaint and get this issue fixed?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @fireycave1334. It would be best to get in touch with our Support team for further troubleshooting. You may reach them by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Sightseer

[ New ]

I got a Hero 6 to work by going into a new Roland V-02 mixer. Then , out to the BM Mini Recorder. It's a work around for sure, but we'll be using the Roland for our baseball/ softball setup anyway. Now I can use the Hero6 as a backstop cam in our 3 camera setup into Wirecast. 

Rob Munzing

Munzing Media

Roland Mixer.jpg
Tourist

[ New ]
It's a shame ... Given the price of Gopro and being forced to buy a Doctor HDMI to have a signal in the mixer. I will stop buying GoPro and go to the Xpro5 Tectectec 2x cheapest concurrency. https://fr.tectectec.com/products/camera-sport-action-xpro5-tectectec-5/
With them no problem and the signal goes directly ...
By dint of taking customers for **bleep**, you will lose a lot of customers.
Goodbye Gopro
Tourist

[ New ]

C'est une honte... Vu le prix des Gopro et être obligé d'acheter un Docteur HDMI pour avoir un signal dans le mélangeur. Je vais arrêter d'acheter des GoPro et passer à la concurence 2x moins cher Xpro5 Tectectec. https://fr.tectectec.com/products/camera-sport-action-xpro5-tectectec-5/
Avec elles aucun problème et le signal passe directement...
A force de prendre les clients pour des merdes, vous allez perdes beaucoup de clients.
Au revoir Gopro

Tourist

[ New ]

I integrated a GoPro Hero 7 in my control room with 3 hero 6. Well .... The 7 was 2 seconds late in the picture .... Another **bleep** Gopro ....

J'ai intégré une GoPro Hero 7 dans ma régie avec 3 hero 6. Et bien.... La 7 avais 2 secondes de retard à l'image.... Encore une merde de Gopro....

Sightseer

[ New ]

im having the same problem.    its honstly a bad look.   the problem is the "hdmi hand shake'