Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

GoPro Hero 6 with Blackmagic Ultrastudio Mini Recorder .. Not compatible ... !! When?

Hello, I bought the GoPro Hero 6 a few days ago, I have tried all the possible configurations of video resolution, and never connect to my UltraStudio Mini Recorder throught HDMI into my iMac.

I have tried different HDMI cables and Software  (Wircast, Express, OBS, etc ...) and never works.

In the end,  I've come to the conclusion that the gopro and the video capture are not compatible for some reason.

Working with an iMac 5k (Late 2015) on Mac OSx Sierra 10.12.6

I would like to know if someone who has this same setup, gets to connect both items.

Any solution?  I'm thinking of changing the GoPro for the nuyeva Sony RX0.

Regards, 
Antonio.

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: GoPro Hero 6 with Blackmagic Ultrastudio Mini Recorder .. Not compatible ... !! When?

What model do you have exactly ??

Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: GoPro Hero 6 with Blackmagic Ultrastudio Mini Recorder .. Not compatible ... !! When?

VideoCam: GoPro Hero 6 Black

Capture Video: BlackMagic UltraStudio Mini Recorder. (Thunderbolt connection)

Regards,

Antonio.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Exactly same problem here!

GoPRO HERO 6 Black with BlackMagic Design UltraStudio Mini Recorder (thunderbolt ver.)

this prolem is just like HDCP , some how hero6 block its signal once HDMI cable is plugged.

Highlighted
Sightseer

The same problem here as well. :(

Highlighted
Sightseer

I have the same problem. I got the new gopro karma with hero 6 black (AND LOVE IT) but I  also am a live streaming guy and can't get the new gopro to show up. In wirecast, it ususally assigns the codec and resolution but its not showing up in it. I have had the same problem with a Canon C200 and its HDMI output but no problems when its SDI out. I'm going to say that new cameras that just came out aren't being supported through HDMI connection and this is a topic for Blackmagic perhaps.

I am Nick Bogannam. I go pro baby!

www.nickbogannam.com

www.toplevelproductions.com

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

hi folks, im trying to get my hero6 black working with a blackmagic ultra studio mini recorder into OBS so i can stream on facebook

does anybody know if there are any downloads available to get these two / three3 things workig i tandom.

thanks in advance

Steve

Highlighted
Tourist

I have connected gopro5 to wirecast and it works. But when i connect gopro6 it does not work. Any ideas? Why does not gopro6 work?

https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/Use-GoPro6-with-Wirecast/td-p/69610

https://telestreamforum.forumbee.com/t/63kf2j/connect-gopro56-to-wirecast