Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro Hero 6 with Blackmagic Ultrastudio Mini Recorder .. Not compatible ... !! When?

None of these suggestions work: still can't get HDMI out of the Hero 6 black. I can use the exact same connections that work with the Hero 3, but they don't work with the Hero 6 black. Nothing I do can get either Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini Recorder or Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle to recognise signal from Hero 6 black. This seems to be a common problem, judging by the complaints here and on the Blackmagic forums. Clearly something has gone wrong with the HDMI out function in the Hero 6 and 7, and GoPro need to fix this with a firmware update. How can I escalate this complaint and get this issue fixed?

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 6 with Blackmagic Ultrastudio Mini Recorder .. Not compatible ... !! When?

Hello @fireycave1334. It would be best to get in touch with our Support team for further troubleshooting. You may reach them by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Highlighted
Sightseer

I got a Hero 6 to work by going into a new Roland V-02 mixer. Then , out to the BM Mini Recorder. It's a work around for sure, but we'll be using the Roland for our baseball/ softball setup anyway. Now I can use the Hero6 as a backstop cam in our 3 camera setup into Wirecast. 

Rob Munzing

Munzing Media

Roland Mixer.jpg
Highlighted
Sightseer

It's a shame ... Given the price of Gopro and being forced to buy a Doctor HDMI to have a signal in the mixer. I will stop buying GoPro and go to the Xpro5 Tectectec 2x cheapest concurrency. https://fr.tectectec.com/products/camera-sport-action-xpro5-tectectec-5/
With them no problem and the signal goes directly ...
By dint of taking customers for **bleep**, you will lose a lot of customers.
Goodbye Gopro
Highlighted
Sightseer

C'est une honte... Vu le prix des Gopro et être obligé d'acheter un Docteur HDMI pour avoir un signal dans le mélangeur. Je vais arrêter d'acheter des GoPro et passer à la concurence 2x moins cher Xpro5 Tectectec. https://fr.tectectec.com/products/camera-sport-action-xpro5-tectectec-5/
Avec elles aucun problème et le signal passe directement...
A force de prendre les clients pour des merdes, vous allez perdes beaucoup de clients.
Au revoir Gopro

Highlighted
Sightseer

I integrated a GoPro Hero 7 in my control room with 3 hero 6. Well .... The 7 was 2 seconds late in the picture .... Another **bleep** Gopro ....

J'ai intégré une GoPro Hero 7 dans ma régie avec 3 hero 6. Et bien.... La 7 avais 2 secondes de retard à l'image.... Encore une merde de Gopro....

Highlighted
Sightseer

im having the same problem.    its honstly a bad look.   the problem is the "hdmi hand shake'