Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro Hero 6’s screen flashes in white when turning on

[ Edited ]

I have upgraded my Hero 6 to version 1.60. But the issue whit screen still remains.

It flashes in white when the screen turns on.

Please work on it and solve it, GoPro support team.

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro Hero 6’s screen flashes in white when turning on

I was thinking about buying the new Hero 6 until I kept reading all of these issues people are having. It's unacceptable to release a product that doesn't work correctly and that has issues after TWO firmware updates...I hope GoPro support sees this and takes note...In the end it's lost customer's/revenue for them 

Highlighted
Tourist

My GoPro does the same thing! The flash is quite bright that it can be disorienting specially when in low light environment. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Here's how my GoPro looks when turned on.

image1.gif
Highlighted
Tourist

It doesn't seem to be very bright in the gif, but in person it's really quite bright.

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Looks like it may be calibrating the sensor for low light. Does it do this when your in a bright area like outdoors in the sun?

Highlighted
Hiker

I have a same problem, 2 days ago  I buyed  gopro 6 and  updated it  then   camera started turns on by it self ,called customer support  and they told me  that  camera is  faulty something is not right  with voice comand  ,went back to store  and exchange for another one   now this problem started ,after I turn on  gopro  screen   flashes  very bright and  then goes back to normal.

GOPRO ...if you wanna  keep your customers happy  you should fire  you quality assurance team   because they're doing terrible job , this is uneceptable for   action camera that it coast $720  here in Canada .

Returning  camera  again ...second time in 2 days  but this time  I'll take my money back.

VERY DISAPPOINTED! Man Sad

Highlighted
Tourist

Same here, starting from 1.0, 1.51, 1.60, same white flashes upon powering on the GoPro 6