Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

GoPro Hero 6 not starting

So I bought the Hero6 last week, everything worked fine for the first time i tried it. Then I didn´t use it for about 4 days, and now, when i wanted to use it, it didn´t start.I thought I didn´t charge the battery or smth, but when i am putting it on the USB, it doens´t even show that it is charging.. 

My thought was that the battery is broken, anyone else had this problem yet and could help me?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro Hero 6 not starting

What type of charger are you using? If you are trying to use a computer, try a dedicated USB charger. If the charge light does not come on when using a dedicated charger, remove the USB cable, remove the battery, insert the battery, and then insert the USB charge cable. Hopefully the camera will start to charge with these steps.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Hiker

I am also the case.
hero6 can not be directly through the one machine type for charging action. I am still looking for a solution, but the temporary viable approach is to buy gopro hero 5 external charger for pure battery crossover, this method can solve the battery shortage and can not update the firmware situation.

It is estimated that gopro hero6 should be integrated or need to supply a larger external socket to be able to fully charge the mixer battery. Generally in the past 5v 2A may not much. At least 5v 3A can be undetermined

Because the use of the hero 5 dual battery charger. Pure trial with 5v2A charger can be successfully filled. But once the one machine will have a charging symbol, but can not continue to fully charged demand. Hope gopro can solve this problem. Or so expensive sports camera sound
Highlighted
Tourist

What type of charger are you using? If you are trying to use a computer, try a dedicated USB charger. If the charge light does not come on when using a dedicated charger, remove the USB cable, remove the battery, insert the battery, and then insert the USB charge cable. Hopefully the camera will start to charge with these steps.

Highlighted
Tourist

i am using the cable that came with the gopro and i am using a computer to charge it, which worked perfectly on saturday..
Highlighted
Hiker

General computer chassis USB3 charging performance of 0.5A to 1A or so, while the computer is generally 12v, power is about 12W. Compared to the use of pure charger 15W to 18W will be slow.
Highlighted
Sightseer

Thanks Abraxus. Removing the battery, reinserting it and inserting the usb charging cable worked for me.
Highlighted
Sightseer

I have the same situation since yesterday. I tried everything and is completed dead.  I used it just 4 times.  I called Bestbuy New York were I bought on November 17 and they told me that I need to returned it to any US 50 state stores but not in the Bestbuy Puerto Rico. So I need to travel to US in order to get a replacement.  I had two previous Gorpro and the last one was the Hero 3 and that never happened before. Let me know if there's any other replacement or fixing option.

Regards,

Luis 

Highlighted
Sightseer

I have tried the suggested fix with disconnection of power and removal of battery etc and there's still no response from the camera. I am using the supplied usb into mains electricity. To be certain, I have tried this on several occasions in several power outlets.

No response. 

Moss