Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

GoPro Hero 6 intermittently switches on

I recently bought a GoPro Hero 6 to take on a trip to Australia & Indonesia, it worked well and I'm pleased with the results. Last night I was checking some photos on my Hero 6 on my iPhone 7 Plus via the GoPro App, agter I'd finished I switched the Hero 6 off and closed down the App. A few minutes later the Hero 6 powered up! I powered it off. Again a few minutes later it did the same thing, again I powered it off. This happened a fwe more times, in the end I removed the battery. This morning I've reset the Hero 6 to factory settings, removed Hero 6 from Bluetooth, I've also ensured that Voice activation is off on the Hero 6. I've reconnected the Hero 6 to the App. Am I going to be seeing this happening again? If so what other actions do I take. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Explorer

Re: GoPro Hero 6 intermittently switches on

There is a setting in the app that instructs it to automatically look for new photos/videos on your camera.  Make sure this is turned off.  When on, the app on your phone will turn the camera on to download new media.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: GoPro Hero 6 intermittently switches on

Hi thanks for the tip, have checked and Auto Mode is already switched off .... back to the drawing board ....