Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker
Accepted Solution

GoPro Hero 6 hang frequently need assistance also battery draining faster

I bought GoPro Hero 6, few days back from jarir KSA Saudi arabia...Facing the problem of getting hang. With a use of 1 hour it hangs three time.
Once hang I press power button for long time screen becomes blank and again get on with the comment repairing file and camera start working fine again. it already happen with me every day twice or thrice in an hour...
Firmware updated via a GoPro app latest one v01.60
Using memory card Transcend ultimate 633x having 95 mb/s read and 85 mb/s write.
Micro SD XC I class 10 64 GB...
Please advise...
Also battery draining is faster even not last half hour with 4k 60fps....
Is there any problem with camera?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro Community Manager

Re: GoPro Hero 6 hang frequently need assistance also battery draining faster

If you have access to another SD card, please try that one. The Transcend cards are not ones we have tested to work with our cameras. Here's that list... https://gopro.com/help/articles/Block/microSD-Card-Considerations

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro Community Manager

If you have access to another SD card, please try that one. The Transcend cards are not ones we have tested to work with our cameras. Here's that list... https://gopro.com/help/articles/Block/microSD-Card-Considerations

Hiker

Firstly thanks for the reply... @jefft
I m always a big fan of GoPro.
As refering to micro SD card consideration on website only snadisk extreme/extreme plus/extreme pro uhs Vedio speed class 30 (V30) are given... It means no other company card is suitable for GoPro?
Also camera becomes too hot to touch...
As per the user manual Transcend card is meeting the requirements and I bought it 3 days back only.
I need to buy a new card if only SanDisk is working with the GoPro 6, is this the only reason for heating and battery draining faster.
Or there is some possibilities of issues with camera also?
GoPro Community Manager

Currently that is the only card that meets the specs for the HERO6 Black. Transcend cards are not on our list for any of our cameras.

The cameras can become hot and have battery drain when a non-compatible card is used. This is because the camera is in a constant state of trying to engage with the card, but it can't complete the connection. That uses more energy and creates more heat.