Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 6, freezing with updated firmware and stock sd cards

[ New ]

Great to know, @ianl80552 . It is good that you have already done recommended fix. Camera freezing is associated with the firmware and the SD card being used. Seeing that the camera has the latest firmware manually installed, and that the SD card used is a recommended one, and formatted at that, there should not be anymore reason for the freezing to re-occur. May I ask, how different is the field environment (your shooting location) from where you do the trials? You are basically using the same set-up camera-wise, right?

Tourist

[ New ]

Field use is the same cameras and same cards. But I'm usually using the voice control to turn on, start recording, stop recording, turn off.  Vs testing at home when I'm just pushing the record button manually.  Because I'm testing 2 cameras at the same time voice commands confuse the two and they don't always start and stop together when using voice commands.

GoPro

[ New ]

I see. Thank you for the details, @ianl80552. That could actually pose a problem as you described. Also, when using the voice commands, we have observed that the camera could start or stop using the same "Start Recording" command. So if one of the cameras is already recording and you want the second want to record by saying "Start Recording," this command could actually stop the already-recording camera. 

Adventurer

[ New ]

glad to hear .   

Tourist

[ New ]

Yes, that is exactly what happens with 2 cameras both with voice control.  But that was only an issue when trying to speed up testing two at the same time.

GoPro

[ New ]

As the voice commands ca be affected by factors like distance between you and the camera, noise interference in the environment, do you have an alternate way to operate the cameras? Is it possible for the set-up be made in such a way that only one camera will go with the voice command, and the other via manual control, or probably remote control? This is so the voice command will not cause a "conflict" between the functions of the camera. 

Tourist

[ New ]

I used a mix of voice commands and manual start-stops during about 2 hours of filming. The lost clip is 17 minutes long. After that I managed to record one or two more but then the whole gopro froze. Unfortunately I couldn't look for a solution then and there (like taking out the battery to reboot it). 

I also use the latest firmware and a recommended card.

Since this was the first time this happened to me, I don't know how to replicate it. Never had it with the original FW (1.5.whatever)

Adventurer

[ New ]

Revert back to FW 1.51  check your Private message  on here.