Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

GoPro Hero 6 external mic no audio?

Hi there,

I bought a GoPro Hero 6, an official mic adapter, and a recommended rode shotgun mic. All videos indicate that it should simply plug in and work, but it has not so far. I don't use it during QuikCapture, I've tried turning on Protune, but the audio settings just say 'NA'. It doesn't seem to recognise it is there. What am I missing?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro Hero 6 external mic no audio?

I bought a Hero 6 from GoPro official Indian dealer, also official GoPro mic adaptor from Amazon India along with 3.5mm lavalier lapel mic from Amazon. Now  that my camera settings just say audio input : NA. It does not seem to recognise the audio input, what should i do, please help.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @pazova,

Which Lav mic did you get? You will need a 3.5mm TRS adapter most likely if it is not picking up the Mic.

Best,

Ryan

Highlighted
Tourist

Got that TRRS to TRS adaptor too and also tried using that , same result, no audio.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @pazova,

What version of firmware is your HERO6 running?

Best,

Ryan

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi Ryan, I have updated to Ver1.6., the external audio input feature is missing.

Dont know why it has happened.

Thanks and regards.

Pazova

Highlighted
Hiker

I had the same issue and I returned my GoPro audio adapter and the replacement works fine...