Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: GoPro Hero 6 disapears from website. and more. Much much more.

https://www.iamgopro.com/gopro-hero5-black-vs-yi-4k/

and here is a  offtopi camera comparison chart with gopro     show some high fives  polease

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

@szetek

I don't think you understand business models very well. New year, new product, new sales. That is how a successful business model works. Does Apple still sell the iPhone X on their website not that the Xs/Xr are out? Nope. Does Honda allow you to buy a brand new 2017 after the 2018s come out? Nope (yes dealership sell leftovers). Does Samsung sell the S8 on their website after the S9 came out? Nope. You are entitled to your opinion, but billion dollar companies are going to use the business model that works and your feeling of "being stabbed in the back" (which is a ridiculous comment in the first place) is not going to change the way their business model is ran. Continuing to sell the Hero 6 Black severly hinders the efficiency of producing the Hero 7. You're talking about dual production... this does not make sense fiscally. Sorry you feel the way you do but it is very clear you do not understand the way a successful business model is ran. Also, the fact that an "Audio Tech" who has "big plans" using the stock Mics on a gopro makes me question your competency. Waterproof action cameras historically have poor audio compared to an external mic. I urge you to do some research or talk to colleagues to learn more about external Mics. You will not get very far with your "big plans" related to audio with a Gopro without an external mic.

There's always going to be that customer that is never happy and that is evident this is you. My advice, if you don't like a Gopro, don't buy it and move on. It's clear you are upset you can't have all the updates of a Hero 7 on your Hero 6. Pony up and buy one or stop complaining. Even if Gopro can make some of the updates to the Hero 6 with a firmware update they are not going to. Do you know why? Because it is a business. No one is going to buy the new Hero 7 if it is almost the same as the Hero 6. If you can't understand this then we can't help you.

Also, just to note, there are physical to the Hero 7. They updated the material used around the Mics, so no a Hero 6 cannot have this upgrade with a firmware update. Also, they added 1 GB of RAM which the new stabilization needed, so no the Hero 6 cannot be upgraded.

Your options:

1) Keep the 6, stop complaining.

2) Buy a 7, stop complaining.

*I pre-ordered a Hero 7

Highlighted
Tourist

@garyd23341 wrote:

@szetek

I don't think you understand business models very well. New year, new product, new sales. That is how a successful business model works. Does Apple still sell the iPhone X on their website not that the Xs/Xr are out? Nope. Does Honda allow you to buy a brand new 2017 after the 2018s come out? Nope (yes dealership sell leftovers). Does Samsung sell the S8 on their website after the S9 came out? Nope. You are entitled to your opinion, but billion dollar companies are going to use the business model that works and your feeling of "being stabbed in the back" (which is a ridiculous comment in the first place) is not going to change the way their business model is ran. Continuing to sell the Hero 6 Black severly hinders the efficiency of producing the Hero 7. You're talking about dual production... this does not make sense fiscally. Sorry you feel the way you do but it is very clear you do not understand the way a successful business model is ran. Also, the fact that an "Audio Tech" who has "big plans" using the stock Mics on a gopro makes me question your competency. Waterproof action cameras historically have poor audio compared to an external mic. I urge you to do some research or talk to colleagues to learn more about external Mics. You will not get very far with your "big plans" related to audio with a Gopro without an external mic.

There's always going to be that customer that is never happy and that is evident this is you. My advice, if you don't like a Gopro, don't buy it and move on. It's clear you are upset you can't have all the updates of a Hero 7 on your Hero 6. Pony up and buy one or stop complaining. Even if Gopro can make some of the updates to the Hero 6 with a firmware update they are not going to. Do you know why? Because it is a business. No one is going to buy the new Hero 7 if it is almost the same as the Hero 6. If you can't understand this then we can't help you.

Also, just to note, there are physical to the Hero 7. They updated the material used around the Mics, so no a Hero 6 cannot have this upgrade with a firmware update. Also, they added 1 GB of RAM which the new stabilization needed, so no the Hero 6 cannot be upgraded.

Your options:

1) Keep the 6, stop complaining.

2) Buy a 7, stop complaining.

*I pre-ordered a Hero 7

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Truly a downer,  you are so sure you are onto what is the right and wrong and you miss the positive and great possibilities.  I am alreay in so I am banking on GoPro having more insight and hopefully a lot more positive than the picture you paint.  I am here and I paid my dues.  There is a difference in complaining and pointing out things that need to be taken care of and also things that are offensive.  Indeed you are not leaving much room here.   (and I will get further than you can possibly imagine)