Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro Hero 6 battery

Hi guys

I've a Problem with my two GoPro Batterys, they won't charge anymore and I don't know why.
I've two batterys and an separate charge station.

The batterys won't get charged when i charge it with the GoPro and it won't get charged when I'll charge it with the seperate station.

I've started to charge my GoPro last evening, the battery was on 64% and today in the morning the battery was on 52%.

Does someone know, what the problem is?
What can I do, that the batterys will get charged?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Best regards

Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: GoPro Hero 6 battery

two different types of chargers and  leads to a battery or batteries,  rule one or the other out and get a new one.

Highlighted
Explorer

Your "second charging station". Is it a GoPro dual charger or some 3rd party brand? It could be the cause of the damaged batteries.
Highlighted
Tourist

it is an original GoPro charge station, that's the reason i don't know what's happening with the batteries..
at the beginning it was working, after nnot using a long time (about 4 to 6 weeks) it won't load anymore.
Sometimes the battery is loading to 64% but that is the maximum.. and it's not working everytime.

Highlighted
GoPro

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @zollerramon. From a completely depleted battery, it can take about 2 hours using a USB wall charger 5V 2A/5V 1A. Do you have secondary cable or adapter you can try? This can help isolate what could be causing the problem.

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for your help!

Yeah 2 hous wouldn't be a problem, but when the battery has less percent after charge 7 hours then i'm lost :D

I have a second cable and tried it as well. Doesn't work too.
And becaus it doesn't work when i charge it with the camera or with the adapter, i think the batterys are defect.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @zollerramon

Please reach out to our Support Team to move forward with this concern,

They are available by phone or chat. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs 

Thanks!

Ej