Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: GoPro Hero 6 battery very tight fit

[ New ]

Thanks for this insight. That's a quality control issue however.

It seems I have 3 Samsung batteries then. What if I use some sand paper to take off a bit of material from the width,e specially the bottom bit? Would that make sense?

Hiker

[ New ]

I filed down the bottom plastic edges a bit with a fine file, and the fit is much better now.

Anonymous

[ New ]

I also have the same problem on my brand new gopro 6. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @Anonymous,

It can be a bit tight fitting at first but I have found that my battery fits much better after a few uses! 

Best,

Ryan

Tourist

[ New ]
Yes, if the first remove the battery (Samsung) does not tear off the pull tab immediately. Has happened to me 2x when the battery is hot.
Anonymous

[ New ]

Thanks for the tip unfortunately, it took just one use to pull the tab off the battery.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @Anonymous,

If you get in touch with our Support Team they should be able to help out! https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best,

Ryan

Tourist

[ New ]

Hello! I have already had two defective batteries (both from the manufacturer Samsung, both replaced by GoPro on goodwill). In both the tab has gone off the first pull in the warm state. The Gopro service has replaced the battery twice on "goodwill", although it is obviously a design flaw, because the adhesive is soft when the battery is warm and the tab comes off. So far, I have thrown a total of three batteries in the trash and had to order one myself (and even pay extra!). This is also from GoPro, but from the manufacturer Amperex. Here holds the tab!

I pointed this out to the GoPro service, but I did not get an answer for that. I think the service is overwhelmed. The only tips that I have received from GoPro so far are the same: let the battery cool before removing it (hahaha), make an update, update it, make an update.

The fact that the GoPro batteries come from two different manufacturers (Samsung = bad and Amperex = good) is not known to the service.

Unfortunately, I have not received a functional battery from GoPro until now and now I have to bear the costs myself. As I said, my defective original battery has been exchanged twice for a Samsung battery and all tore off the tab and all are useless, after I had to lever it out with a kitchen knife out of the camera again.

GoPro, if you hear me: Please send me a battery that is NOT from Samsung.