Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: GoPro Hero 6 battery very tight fit

[ New ]

To keep using your batteries, just apply some tape on the sides of the battery and join them on top, to leave a 5mm ribbon that you can use to extract them. I'm doing this, and it works fine. 

I do recommend you use a fine file to file down the bottom edge of the battery a bit, and it will fit much better straight away. 

I did this on 3 (Samsung) batteries and they all work fine now.

Tourist

[ New ]

I do not want to pay 20 to 25 euros for a battery that is faulty.

And I certainly do not even want to implement any temporary solutions with adhesive tape. I feel that GoPro's impudence to say after the third battery replaced on good measure that they can unfortunately no further exchange. I had to dispose of three Gopro (samsung) batteries that I had to pull out of the camera with a kitchen knife. All three Batteries are damaged through the Knife. I had to buy myself a battery that is from Gopro (Amperex).

@ GoPro: Is that your solution: 500 euros for a camera to take, exchange the original battery for two more defective batteries and hope that the customer takes tape or gives up? Please answer and remove the Green hook.

GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

@nima-langsam - The best option is to contact our Support team again. If you have had two batteries fail already and are now having issues with a third, there could be another issue going on that they can look into with you. If you want to reply back (please tag me by using @jefft in your post) with your case number, I'll be glad to flag it to one of our supervisors.

Thanks,
Jeff

Anonymous

[ New ]

0C209326-78FC-420F-BC01-9FBCB6F3A1CB.jpegHi all,

same problem from my side, had issues taking off the battery.

What happened in my case is that one of the internal sticker actually came slightly off creating extra thickness.

see pics attached.

Denis

Adventurer

[ New ]

on the narrow side of the battery you simply use your thumb  see video.  there is a lil lip do not apply brutle force a gentle amount of pressure gets it off.  I agree a better way can be made but also it takes just a lil paitece  if asked to make a work around.

Tourist

[ New ]

I thought it's just me but yeas I noticed that the battery fits tighter in Hero 6. I got scared that I might rip off the film attached to the battery.

Adventurer

[ New ]

maybe that tab next to the  sticker is to tense. causing your stickiness?  For me it;s my only  battery so once in no need to remove.

Sightseer

[ New ]

My brand new Hero 6 came with Amperex battery that wouldn't budge, and I only tried when it was stone cold. So must disagree with Samsung vs. Amperex posts.  The entire ribbon and cap came off and had to pry entire battery out with mini screwdriver.  Utter nonesense for $400 top of the heap camera.  Also bought spare batt, which happens to be Samsung and it too, after 3/4 way insert binds, and likely will get stuck so I'm afraid to fully deploy.

However, just received Amazon shipment of AILUKI 3 batt charger w/ 2 1490mAh batts which slide in AND out like a dream!  I'm typically not an aftermarket guy, but in this case Screw GoPro, save your money and get an affordable product that WORKS!

https://www.amazon.com/Rechargeable-Battery-3-Channel-Compatible-Firmware/dp/B0734J76NN