Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker
Accepted Solution

GoPro Hero 6 battery very tight fit

I have a GoPro Hero 6 black and the battery has a very tight fit in the housing. In fact when I tried to gently pull out the battery, the ribbon came off. I managed to carefully lever out the battery, and make sure I don't dent anything, but I'm afraid it will happen again with another battery.

Is it supposed to be so tight? I can't see the point. 

Can I get the battery replaced due to the fact that the ribon detached?

20171022_180552.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: GoPro Hero 6 battery very tight fit

I filed down the bottom plastic edges a bit with a fine file, and the fit is much better now.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Hiker

I have a similar issue actually. There is a sticker on the inside of the battery compartment that hasnt been put on correctly. While mine is tight, I never felt like I was going to tear a tab off of my battery.

Highlighted
Hiker

I have inserted and removed another battery several times (3/4 inserted) and it shows clear scratch marks on the front side, which is causing the jamming.

20171022_204845.jpg
Highlighted
Tourist

Had the same problem and already broke the little ribbon from two batteries....at the end i glued them back and now everything is fine...!

Highlighted
Hiker

I tried glueing on the ribbon too, but it came off again.

But this is not a solution, it's a temporary fix at best.

Things should fit properly.

This is a design error, and I think the problem is the stickers inside the battery compartment - it seems to me GoPro didn't take into consideration the thickness of the stickers, which is causing too much friction for the battery. 

I use the GoPro for skiing, and the last thing I want to do is fiddle around with the battery in freezing weather, or have the battery get stuck while on the mountain.

Highlighted
Hiker

I removed one of the stickers inside the battery compartment (the one from the side of the SD card), but it did not resolve the issue. The battery still fits very tight.

Highlighted
Adventurer

try pledge on hte side of the bat or wd-40   to place back the tab simply use  scotch tape to make your own tab or a heavier tape.

Highlighted
Tourist

This error only occurs with the rechargeable batteries produced by Samsung. They are thicker and the pull-out tab releases when the battery is warm. The batteries made by Amperex are slightly thinner and the tab holds. It's a matter of luck whether you get the Samsung batteries or the Amperex batteries from GoPro. The manufacturer stands on the side of the battery.