Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: GoPro Hero 6 battery very tight fit

I had the same issue today with my brand new Hero 6. The battery fits way too tight. When I called customer support they told me to shake the camera to try to dislodge the battery. No way was that going to work. I was able to get the tip of a pocket knife blade into the slot where the tab pulled out and gently worked the battery out. They are sending me a replacement battery.

GoPro obviously doen'st monitor this forum or they would know that they have a problem with their batteries and would be working on a solution.

20180510_160208.jpg
Highlighted
Hiker

The irony is that the replacement battery will probably have the same issue, unless it's been addressed. I have 3 batteries and they all had the same issue. I got some sand paper and filed down the bottom edges a bit and that did the trick.

Highlighted
Adventurer

@eriweaverwrote:

I had the same issue today with my brand new Hero 6. The battery fits way too tight. When I called customer support they told me to shake the camera to try to dislodge the battery. No way was that going to work. I was able to get the tip of a pocket knife blade into the slot where the tab pulled out and gently worked the battery out. They are sending me a replacement battery.

GoPro obviously doen'st monitor this forum or they would know that they have a problem with their batteries and would be working on a solution.

GoPro moderator and adminstrator monitor the Website they chose to answer theone's they want call in @jefft  We the People like a reply  not just to say contact support you are a GoPro representitive are you not, you should offer  a solution not direction to  the Customer Agents on most theposts we see.

GoPro could have  again and did made that    mistake by not leaving room for margain, I luv it.

great tip on sanding theedges.  I should complain to gopro for a new battery ifthat resolves this issue.

FISH

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

If the battery is so tight that it does not come out of the camera easily, then I would look to see if there is an issue with the battery itself. Specifically, I would look to see if the battery has swollen. Lithium batteries can swell when overcharged. In cases like that, it's a good idea to look at replacing the battery.

Highlighted
Adventurer

@jefftwrote:

If the battery is so tight that it does not come out of the camera easily, then I would look to see if there is an issue with the battery itself. Specifically, I would look to see if the battery has swollen. Lithium batteries can swell when overcharged. In cases like that, it's a good idea to look at replacing the battery.

We all agree on that, or should we say watch the video Why my hero 6 battery and hero 5 battery all fit comfortabally  in the Hero 5 black but not in the Hero 6.. lets   do this Live and see what the critics say