Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Explorer

Re: GoPro Hero 6 battery dies when used with Karma Grip

A good place to report the issue is here https://gopro.com/feedback
Tourist

You know what worked for me?  I sold all my GoPro stuff. Smiley Very Happy  Will never own another product from them.  Horrible support.   

Hiker

Have you tried separating the gimbal from the grip? That worked for me
GoPro

Hi @wdaehn

Please contact our Support Team to further isolate the issue. You may reach them by phone or chat. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

I had the exact same issue as everyone else here. I couldn't find a solution so I spoke with someone on the GoPro chat line who told me he had never heard of this issue before. I sent him a link to this thread. In any event he couldn't help me an told me to return it to where I bought it because it sounded like a hardware issue. I intend to do this tomorrow and hopefully this will solve the problem.

As it stands right now... the camera is forever draining it's and the karma's battery thus severly limiting its use. It doesn't take long until both batteries are dead regardless of being turned off or not. It only takes sereral hours for the camera's battery to reach 0% when in the grip. This kills the long term use of the battery. I hope the replacement fixes the issue. Such a pain since I bought it as part of the karma drone/camera package. I'll post my results.

Jeff

Tourist

So I did not return my Karma to the store. I had an extra Hero 6 that I tried in the grip and it did not have the problem mentioned. So I re-tried the original Hero 6 and the problem went away. I'm thinking now the issue was that the camera wasn't properly seated in the grip... or gremlins. ;)

Tourist

You will find that next time you insert any of the two cameras, the problem is there again.

It is draining the battery of the camera not always, only in 80% of the cases.