10-22-2017 11:37 PM
I'll check again in the morning and then start turning on settings one by one.
Of course it would be nice to get a reply from the OP with possibly some answers to questions and perhaps some test results that he/she has gotten....
10-23-2017 05:38 AM
danielr15 Thanks for helping! Here are the answers below:
1. What SD card are you using make/model/size? SanDisck Extreme 64GB microSDXC
2. Are you on the latest firmware? YES!
3. Do you get rapid battery drain when the camera is out of the Grip? Nope.
4. Do you have the Karma Grip case, and if so, was the Grip in the case? Yes I have the case and both where in the case.
5. Have you run a test again to see if you get the rapid discharge? I've used the camera out of the Karma Grip and never had a discharge.
6. What are your camera settings?
a. Resolution = 1440
b. fps = 60
c. Voice activation yes/no - It's OFF
d. Stabilization yes/no - Yes it's ON
e. GPS yes/no - Yes, it's On.
7. Was the camera/Grip ever in a cold or warm environment during this time (such as inside of an unattended car on a hot/cold day)? Nope.
Going to try it again later today to see what happnes. : )
10-23-2017 11:25 AM
I then put the camera into the Karma Grip. I turned on both through the Grip power button. I mounted my Grip so I could take some night photos. I connected to the app, changed to night photo mode, and turned on Protune.
I took my photos and turned the camera and Grip off with the Grip power button. I closed the GoPro app on my phone and put the Grip+camera into the Karma Grip case.
Nine hours later.... Camera at 100%
Grip still showing four lights so 76-100%
11-01-2017 08:44 AM
I concur there is something fishy going on.
I have two identical cameras, down to the very settings. The one put into the Karma Grip empties its battery down to the level where even the realtime clock has to be reset.
Thanks to the successful test made here I also turned off everything, Connectivity, Voice Commands,... and now four days later it is at 96% still. My guess would be the Connectivity drains the battery when in the Karma Grip but not when the Camera is standalone.
Should be recognized as bug and fixed, in my opinion.