Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: GoPro Hero 6 Video freezes after several recordings ( Firmware v1.6)

[ New ]

GoPro SD cards from GoPro site work 100% also update GoPro to for v 02.01 here is the link where you can get SD cards that support black 6  32 and 64 the only cards I just ordered one will post about it. I watched you tube videos and people had that problem fixed I did not go to Amazon cause in the comments there were bad reviews most cards came from China and were knock offs and went dead in a few weeks.

https://shop.gopro.com/mounts-accessories?compatibility=HERO6%20Black

Anonymous

[ New ]

That seems pretty comical considering it works okay maybe 75% of the time. Probably my last GoPro product regardless. It's a shame.

Tourist

[ New ]

I have firmware 2.01 and this happened today with me.  Lost 3 out of 5 stages in a pistol match.  Was shooting 4K 30 fps Video froze on the initial screen, audio was recorded the whole time.  I just realized I am using a Sandisk Ultra so maybe that's why.  Guess I'll order a Extreme.  Never had an issue shooting in 1080p 60fps

Anonymous

[ New ]

My son has experienced this problem for over a month.  Last week lost a lot of skiing video.  Today took video the whole day and again experienced freezing video after just 1 sec and sometimes 20 secs. We do have a data point that the problem may be correlated to low battery.  Today we had freezing videos in the morning and the afternoon but we did not have freezing video when the battery was fresh. I have read though this forum thread and noone has mentioned battery.  Has anyone else correlated the problem to low battery?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello Everyone, 

Thank you for all your feedback and issue details that you provided. Please check out this article: https://gopro.com/help/articles/solutions_troubleshooting/Camera-Freezes-Up

You may have already come across this but there was a recent update on the firmware for HERO6 Balck camera so it is highly recommended to do manual update to ensure that the update is completed. Follow this link for guide: https://gopro.com/update/hero6

In addition, here is an update list of SD cards that work with GoPro cameras: https://gopro.com/help/articles/Block/microSD-Card-Considerations

Thanks, 
Marius

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi All, 

This was my first GoPro purchase and im pretty frustrated with the results. We have a Hawaii trip coming up so i bought this to test it out and to do future videos im glad i did because im on the newest firmware 2.1 with the recommended SanDisk Extreme/Extreme Plus/Extreme Pro UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) - ≥32GB. I reformatted the SD card, manually updated, factory reset and i still have random videos that after being recorded will only play the first few seconds then only audio after and the video is frozen. I kept the receipt thankfully and will probably return it. I cant have a 600 dollar device randomly lose video like this its just unnaceptable. I could live with minor bugs but a camera that freezes videos when saving?!?!?! Thats like buying a new gaming console that has issues playing games. Is there any news about another update.

Tourist

[ New ]

Hey I saw your post I had same problem did some research and got legit SD card from GoPro it did freezed ones then it is fine now, check for writing speed on the card and best to get is  san disc extreme pro it is writing speed should be fast also make sure it is not Chines knockoff Good luck.There is many ways to check writinig speed with it in the usb drive and it has to be 3.0 usb stick.

Tourist

[ New ]

@nadiaf4 Thanks for the suggestion, i did get my SD card directly from best buy and verified the RW speeds of 100/90MB which i benchmarked. Something else i thought it could be and for some this may be an issue is your PC. Make sure you have a CPU like kabylake or higher running 3.5 GHZ. HVEC encoding is a monster on the CPU and others wont cut it on 4k or higher resolutions. HOWEVER i also tested this in 1080 P and had the same issue, i also tried multiple PC's as well as a dual proc server at work and its the same issue so in my case ive ruled out the SD card, the mode in shooting and the computers rendering the footage so process of elimination leaves the go pro/firmware.