Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro Hero 6 Video freezes after several recordings ( Firmware v1.6)

Hi yes it could be PC when playing back on it with incompatible hardware or software,but when my gopro was frozeup  up I was looking directly on the gopro screen and played back on go pro itself so it is issue with gopro then but now it is fine actually.

Highlighted
Tourist

So Marius, from the link you posted, with the most modern Hero (6 Black) the only recommended card is a 32GB card? (SanDisk Extreme/Extreme Plus/Extreme Pro UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) - ≥32GB)

/boggle

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @geneb45

Not really. As stated, 32GB is the minimum capacity requirement. It can be an SanDisk Extreme/Extreme Plus/Extreme Pro UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30), at least 32GB capacity. 

Thanks, 

Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks Marius.  Can I recommend the team update the compatibility chart so it's more accurate and/or reduce confusion?  It's a good tool, just not up to date.

Highlighted
Explorer

I can see how it might be a little confusing, but it would be a little redundant to put every size card, for all three versions of the SanDisk Extreme v30, when it already list as greater than or equal to 32GB.
Highlighted
Tourist

@danielr15 If you visit the link I referred to https://gopro.com/help/articles/Block/microSD-Card-Considerations it does not say => 32GB,  It shows Y (cards that work well with GoPro Cameras)  for 2 SD cards and N for all others, while previous models and the Hero 92018) list Y for most/all of the SD cards listed.  THAT is what doesn't make sense.  My point is either fix it or delete the table that is outdated or wrong.  

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @geneb45

@danielr15 was correct in his statement as initially the chart indicated greater than or equal to 32GB. The link displays a different information now as the article was just recently updated. I hope this clears out the confusion. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

I'm also using the latest firmware and the recommended Sandisk card (Same issue on two separate cards). 4K 30 fps. 
Using a GoPro is a central part of my business and I also (currently) recommend the Hero 6 to people all around the World. 

I've just made a trip to film an iconic cycling route for an upcoming global promotion. All I have is an hour of sound and one static thumbnail. This has happend about half a dozen times on differnet versions of firmware and different cards. I've also made lots of great recordings, but I now need to review what I use. I can't keep losing my work like this. 

Is there any way to fix the footage? I've tried every piece of video repair software I can find, but I just get the same result.