Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GoPro Hero 6 Stabilization Problem

[ New ]

Hi everyone,

Recently I have a crash with my Gorpo Hero 6 from about 10 ft high. The gopro looks fine but the clip I was recording split in two pieces. One part of first 16 sec and the other clip with the last 32 sec. I never stop recording. When I download the file to my computer saw the two clips and a file with a same name of the first clip but with _offsetNodes.bin. The other files I record that day does not seem to be stabilizaed. When I verify the camera setting the Image Stabilization was on but it not stabilized the videos. Also the auto rotate funtion is always on and it doesn't work too. I started to think it has some kind of problem with the gyroscope or accelerometer. Any help?

Attached a picture of the file OffsetNodes.bin

Thanks,

Orlando

Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 4.51.16 PM.png

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 6 Stabilization Problem

[ New ]

Hi @orlyrask8

To consistently achieve the best results with your GoPro camera, it will be best to use one of the cards from this list.

If the stabilization and rotation no longer works even after the manual update with a recommended card, it will be best to refer to our Support Team to  have this checked further.

Please let them know of the troubleshooting steps taken. You may also refer them to this thread.

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @orlyrask8

Was the camera on a drone?

What SD card are you using?

There is a chance that the files are already corrupted.

Regarding the stabilization and rotation, try running a manual update. https://gopro.com/en/us/update

Do a test recording and see if the update made a difference.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Yes the camera was on a Drone doing a very slow flying. 

The Sd card is a SandisK ImageMate PRO U3 A2 64gb 

Tourist

[ New ]

Manual update doesn't make the stabilization and/or the auto rotate works. I try to use reelsteady to stabilazed but it came with an error on gyroscope Meta Data. I'm thinks it has a bad gyroscope. Also try to downgrade to 1.6 and no make it to works.

Thanks for replay,

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @orlyrask8

To consistently achieve the best results with your GoPro camera, it will be best to use one of the cards from this list.

If the stabilization and rotation no longer works even after the manual update with a recommended card, it will be best to refer to our Support Team to  have this checked further.

Please let them know of the troubleshooting steps taken. You may also refer them to this thread.

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi @aragon1006 

I use a Sandisk Extreme U3 A1 64gb too with same results. Also record a clip with out stabilization to use on ReelSteady and it said no Gyroscope MetaData found. I thinks it has the gyroscope dameged. Tried to contact support with no sucess.

Thanks for your help, I'll keep trying to contact support.

Tourist

[ New ]

ReelSteady 

No Gyroscope Meta Data found. Make me feel that the Gyroscope is damage.

Screen Shot 2020-03-18 at 2.33.58 PM.png