Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker
Accepted Solution

GoPro Hero 6 Queries

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I recently bought the GoPro Hero 6 from Snapdeal in India. I have few queries regarding product.

1) While unboxing found battery was missing in the package later I found it was already inserted into camera. Is it expected?

2) Starting the camera for the first time didn't ask for setup process and videos over YouTube says it asks when you start it for the first time. Plus its version is 2.01 by default where as fresh piece shouldn't be updated one. Let me know in case I misunderstood.

3) How to check warranty period?

4) After starting night mode side bars is appearing and later Changing it to photo mode also showing those bars on left and right side of the screen. Why this is happening? Attached a screenshot of the same.

Please help me to clear this questions. Thanks in advance.

IMG_20180712_003534359.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 6 Queries

Hi @madclicx

Is that a brand new and sealed unit?

1. The battery should be separated. 

2. It should always ask for initial set up process. 

3. Warranty is 1 year after your original purchase date. 

4. I think you mean the aspect ration? The 16:9 or 4:3?

Let us know if you have other question. 

I suggest to return your item to the store. 

Looks like it's not a brand new unit. 

Regards,

-Jay 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer

I contact the Seller.  Sounds like you got the camera  that has been used.   The hero6  has two versions Oct 2017 came with Firmware 1.01.   the 2nd version wit hte  color front  logo has firmware 1.60. no gopro to date has fw 2.01 that I know of.

The battery would not be installed, it be wrapped in plastic in a  box with the paperwork and cables as well buckle clips .

the side bars are 4:3 AR (aspect ratio) all  photos will show 4:3 not 16:9 day one of gopro. only time you can have 16:9 is using the video plus photo off the video feature no longer available with gopro after  say hero 4 or 5.

the warranty  will be you entering the date of the reciept to the site, since this was  a  camera sent to you   you may want to again call the shop, call gopro   

hope that helped a little.

at

contact us.png

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @madclicx

Is that a brand new and sealed unit?

1. The battery should be separated. 

2. It should always ask for initial set up process. 

3. Warranty is 1 year after your original purchase date. 

4. I think you mean the aspect ration? The 16:9 or 4:3?

Let us know if you have other question. 

I suggest to return your item to the store. 

Looks like it's not a brand new unit. 

Regards,

-Jay