Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

GoPro Hero 6 - No Audio with External Mic

[ New ]

Hi, I have a GoPro Hero 6 and connected a Rode VideoMicro using a GoPro mic adaptor but the audio only seems to record occasionally. I am using the quick capture function and once I have stopped recording, and then start again, there is no audio. I have lost so many moments due to this issue and relying on the GoPro’s audio without an external mic isn’t the best option. Any ideas???

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 6 - No Audio with External Mic

[ New ]

Thank you for the details you provided, @snowysurf3637. Audio recording using the QuikCapture button is dependent on the type of external microphone that you are using. There is information here that might help. Feel free to post back for any other concerns or questions. Best regards!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the details you provided, @snowysurf3637. Audio recording using the QuikCapture button is dependent on the type of external microphone that you are using. There is information here that might help. Feel free to post back for any other concerns or questions. Best regards!

Adventurer

[ New ]

A few years passed gopro still does not note in the product box about  how this works,  Online aswell they should correct their manua for the promic aswell their product camera's:

rephrain from using quick capture with Non-powered mics. that is hte fix for what the external mic cano notdo supply enough umphon on quick capture to  get 3.0vdc to a non-poeered mic, why we learned the hard way  to use mode on then the shutter and no lost shots.