Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: GoPro Hero 6 - GRAIN ISSUE !!!

But when is sunny environment, everything is OK.

Here is my Video entirely shooted on HERO6 in Egypt.

https://youtu.be/mnWLebgpKA4

Highlighted
Hiker

Wow, living in Moscow, it's like winterfell, you don't get to see the sun much. Your shots look amazing -  as amazing as horrible your night shots look from another post - the difference is striking!

Hopy my Hero6 will able to pull out this kind of picture quality during of sunny days!

Highlighted
Hiker

Tomas, gave some thumbs up to your videos on Marsa Alam. Nicely done, thanks for sharing. I agree with your comments about indoor / outdoor, and low light. The Hero 6 has it's specialities which you have clearly demonstrated. But on the photo side, I have never used my Hero 5 or 6 for indoor low light photos. I do those with my Panasonic. My point is that any camera that can do everything as well as you showed us on your videos, including great photos, costs 3 to 4x as much. 

Highlighted
Nomad

Hopefully firmware 2.0 will fix these issues.

Also, I hope both de-noising and tone-mapping can be made selectable in the ProTune mode.

Highlighted
Hiker

I was able to achieve an acceptable result.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwIih6fwNHQ

fw 1.60, 2.7 k 25 fps whide, color GoPro, WB Auto, ISO Max 400, Sharpness Medium. All the footage without color correction. Stabilizer ZhiYun Z1 Evo.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Highlighted
Hiker

Artur, I agree with those results, especially the ISO 400 and fps. Easy to color and exposure grade, too. Well done. Chases away some of the issues.

PS - Looked at your YouTube site. Am I correct that you have a GoPro 6 mounted to a racing drone - a QAV-R?  Arggg. you fly that thing like a F35 or AH6. Mkes me wonder what you drive like...lol.

Highlighted
Hiker

Really nice. Just shows how good and versatile the gopro is. All this in a matchbox size gizmo. 

Nice to see actual footage instead of people nitpicking issuse that are not really issues. 

Again good job, good call on using 25 fps, more light to the sensor

Highlighted
Sightseer

I've got my Hero 6 yesterday and did a compartion test shooting a timelapse video!
I cannot believe GoPro has released such a bad product on the market!
I'm so upset of all the money I've wasted as the dealer from where I've bought it won't take it back!!
The images can already tell how bad is it but it get even worst watching the videos side by side!

GoPro Hero 4 Black.jpgGoPro Hero 6 Black.jpgHero 6 vs Hero 4 Crop 2.jpgHero 6 vs Hero 4 Crop.jpg

GoPro Hero 4 Black.jpg