Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro Hero 6 - GRAIN ISSUE !!!

i love my GoPro Hero 6, and im now using firmware 1.6. Just can't get enough haha. We should all realize that every camera needs proper adjustments on certain situations to satisfy our "eyebuds" . Just stay patient, be creative/experimental until we get it.  Rock on  daneler15     \(0____o)/ hav a great day evryone \m/

Highlighted
Explorer

👍😁

I know I can get a little salty sometimes so I apologize for that. I get a little tired of the doom and gloom, especially if I think it might persuade someone from purchasing what is a pretty awesome camera. I'm not saying there isn't room for improvement, but sometimes the negative comments and overall vibe is way overdone and unrealistic.

Moving away from the topic a bit, I'm
Trying a little night laps hoping to catch the Geminid Astroid shower tonight. 12mp wide, Shutter 20 seconds, interval auto, RAW on, color GoPro, WB Native, ISO max 400. Also have my Hero5 Black, Hero5 Session, and Hero4 Silver all taking night laps with slightly different settings pointing a few degrees off from one another. Gonna load each into Star Stax and see what I get.

If anyone wants info on taking Star Trails with their GoPro you can find some great info here.
https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/How-to-take-Star-Trail-Photographs-with-the-Hero-4/td-p/7269
Highlighted
Backpacker

@danielr15...looking forward for for the result!.....

have a good one!

robert

Highlighted
Explorer

I caught a few but unfortunately the direction I pointed the cameras was a bit off and a tree blocked some of the sky where it appears most of the action happened. I'll be posting a time laps video and a few Star Stax later.
Highlighted
Backpacker

...just downloaded Star Stax and I'm playing with...overlapping normal pictures...

as this morning I barely saw my car in the parking, due to fog, sky night lapse is out of discussion these days...

good info, thank you mate!

this is what I like in this forum...sharing the valuable information...

robert

Highlighted
Explorer

First run through of Star Stax Geminid Astroid.

Each camera facing slightly different dirrection and with different shutter speeds

Hero6

Hero6StarTrail01.jpg

Hero5 Black

Hero5StarTrail01.jpg

Hero5 Session

Hero5SessionStarTrail01.jpg

Hero4 Silver w/Star8 filter

Hero4SilverStarTrail01.jpg

Highlighted
Nomad

My first GoPro was the Hero3 Black. Bought in january 2013. It was hell and was frezzing all the time with the only possible fix to remove the battery. Not until the 3.03.03 in late july 2013 the issues went away. Like 9 months after initial camera release. And GoPro never acknowledged the freezing.

Later I found out that the Hero3 was the first firmware developed in house at GoPro.

The Hero4 did not seem to have such big issues.Probably because the sensor was the same and the SOC was still in the familiar Ambarella family.

Things do seems to repeat itself here with extensive firmware bugs in the Hero6. The SOC is a new one from Socionext and as such presents new challenges to the team.

Maybe GoPro should finalize firmware and do the bug fix before using the paying customer as an beta tester.

Highlighted
Hiker

My 3+ was a nightmare with locking up.... worked perfectly after ditching Sandisk cards...