Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: GoPro Hero 6 - GRAIN ISSUE !!!

2nd picture is of that.  

Highlighted
Sightseer

heres another comparison, gopro on left, droid turbo phone cam on right, look how you can see the dirt on the bumper, the shadowing in the shadowed area, no grainyness, on the left the image is blurry, the shadows are all grainy with no depth the colors are washed out. I don't understand why a product that costs so much, has trouble competing with a cell phone camera, it's not even on the same level.

goprodroidturbo.png

Highlighted
Sightseer

this should be embarrassing for a company that is supposedly about high quality imagery, the excuse of camera sensor sizes is just not applicable, my cell phone doesn't have a bigger camera sensor than the go-pro, higher quality, yes, bigger? no.
Highlighted
Sightseer

btw my second image is with ISO at 100/100 and shutter speed of 1/500, which is as fast as i could set it without making the image cloudy, the black levels are just atrocious, I didn't mess with the settings on the cell phone at all, just using it's automatic capture settings. I wouldn't expect to have to mess with the go-pro so much considering it's boasted for it's point and click capabilities, but the dynamic range is horrible, the cell phone actually captures the colors of the image, the gopro makes my grey driveway look red.
Highlighted
Adventurer

Older gopro   like 7-up

G0029123.JPGGOPR0759.JPG

Highlighted
Adventurer

we can talk to the earths end  or get some amazing shots

G0016236.JPG