Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Explorer

Re: GoPro Hero 6 - GRAIN ISSUE !!!

Tested again but this time using quick capture each time to start the recording. 4K/30 Superview and on the 7th recording I got the split screen. Turned the camera off and recorded three more without issue.
Nomad

He seems to have received an response from GoPro, again acknowledging that there will be an november firmware update.

November 30 ;-)

I have always been a big fan of GoPro but what has been happening to me with my Hero 6 is unacceptable! I used to think all the negative reviews I seen on other peoples channels were untrue and they were just trying to push affiliate sales of other camera brands. I have had nothing but issue's ...
Nomad

They never do.
Hiker

Hi all.

I did some tests as I was recording something for my car.

It was night ( dark ). It was in my garage with lights on the roof.

I recorded with the go pro hero 6 : 2.7K 60 fps and tried iso 400, iso 800, played with ev, ... 
I did the same recording with my old Sony Rx100 in 1080P

And eventually recorded as well in 2.7k with my smartphone : Samsung S7

Using Handbrake I transformed all the videos ( lossless keeping the same FPS as source ) into 1080P

I must admit that the WORSE result is the go pro¨( with the grain effect ).

Then I like the result with S7 and sony RX100 but I have a preference for the Rx100 ( even if it is an old camera )

So yes for the moment, I will use the go pro in daylight for filming things above 1080P

But if it is dark or low light, I will still use my Sony Rx100, waiting for an update from go pro. 

Tourist

Hello, Im having the same issues.While using 4k at 30 and 60fps, I shot videos outdoors on sunny days and is still grainy and pixaleted. See video screenshot attached and video link at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrDCODnYiEM

What to do?

Screen Shot 2017-11-18 at 9.51.43 PM.png
Explorer

Shooting into the sun?

Tourist

Amauru,
What's are you settings? I can tell you even a 60 thousand dollar arri will have an issue with going from direct sunlight in the lense to a dimly lit tunnel. No camera can do that. Some noise is to be expected in low light situations with such a small sensor.

That said if you really want to lose the noise. Buy neat video and just pour a pot of tea for the render times.
Highlighted
Hiker

November 19 and still no update?

I hope this isn't another GoPro Karma tragedy where they had to do a recall on all units sold.

You guys sure know how to screw up a company.