Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: GoPro Hero 6 - GRAIN ISSUE !!!

Did you selective light balance on the Hero? The wide angle lens forces the camera to take into account much more variance in lighting to correctly expose the entire frame.

It's fine if people don't want to take the time to learn the camera features and settings. If your not willing to make the proper adjustments for the settings, then it might not be the right camera for you.

You can buy a RED Raven for $15,000 but if you use the wrong settings for the environment your shooting in, the footage won't look good. Use the correct settings and the footage is amazing. My point is, sometimes it's not so much the camera that is failing, it's the user.

For the cost and the available features/settings, the Hero6 is an amazing camera. Will it get better with future updates, yes. However, this is a f2.8, waterproof without a case, 4K/60, 1080/240, HEVC, touch zoom, 117g, voice activated, 3 axis EIS, wide angle, Protune enabled, selective light balance/spot meter, video and night time laps, 30/1 second and auto burst, RAW, HDR, cloud uploading, Smart chip Quik Story, 5 GHz WiFi, touch screen LCD, removable/replaceable lens cover, shock proof and rugged ACTION camera.

If it's not what you want or need, that's fine. But blaming the camera for not being what it isn't, or because of operator error or inflexibility, is just silly.

There is room for improvement with this camera, but in the realm of action cameras, it is the best currently available.
Highlighted
Tourist

On the paper.

Highlighted
Nomad

I have to agree with Daniel, it's a great action camera. I know a lot of people point and shoot, that's fine and that's what the firmware

update is going/hoping to fix. I've read ALOT of derogatory posts in this forum, mostly peaple that open an account and their very first

they act like GoPro murdered thier family, or another post which the user stated he owned GoPro stock, but then began railing on the company. and then never hear from them again (which is good). I even read one post where the user hoped that GoPro would lay

everyone off and shut it doors (it could be the same person creating different accounts), it's like they have an ulterior motive to be here

and lets be honest, we have no idea if they even own the camera. I can make any video look like crap and put it up on YouTube. Yes there

are are some legiment compaints, and GoPro should address them. It's been really difficult to help the people that need it, and weed out the derogatory garbage.

Highlighted
Hiker

Hi everybody.

After the small movie I showed you a couple of days ago with the helicopter, I made another one with the Go Pro Hero 6.
It was recorded inside for most of the clip. 
I did post edition as always. The Camera was fixed on the karma grip and I made additional stabilization in my editing software + other effects. It was filmed in 2.7K 60 FPS, and iso max 400 ( if I remember correctly ). 
Sorry for the lighting blinking in some parts of the video, it was like this in the garage and I could not find a solution to remove that... (was not coming from the camera ^^ )

Highlighted
Tourist

"If it's not what you want or need, that's fine. But blaming the camera for not being what it isn't, or because of operator error or inflexibility, is just silly.

There is room for improvement with this camera, but in the realm of action cameras, it is the best currently available."

"I have to agree with Daniel, it's a great action camera. I've read ALOT of derogatory posts in this forum, mostly peaple that open an account and their very first they act like GoPro murdered thier family, or another post which the user stated he owned GoPro stock, but then began railing on the company."

Is this a joke? This is a Hero 6 grain issue theme, not the GoPro factory like debate.

People gave it almost 600 euros (!!!) for this gadget and I can really understand them, when this gadget is completely unusable. To claim in this topic that the HERO 6 is best action cam ever is really pushing it to far. I did have HERO 5, superb camera, not just on the paper. It will be the same with 6, if.........the characteristics will be transferred from paper to the camera itself. At this time, 6 is "in the realm of action cameras, it is with the most problems currently available."

Depending on the company's response to the cam problems, price of the cam and the flustrations some of the buyers, I can understand their curseing against company.

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

i agree with you...this action camera actually it's a disaster..gopro developer...16 november...where is our fixes ???? 

Highlighted
Nomad

I agree with the previous two comments. This camera needs fixing asap. At the moment this camera is just specs on paper and doesn't transfer to the camera itself. I wish I had stayed with my 5 for now as I have a holiday coming up and this camera just doesn't work reliably. GET IT FIXED GO PRO.
Highlighted
Hiker

"Thank you for the comparison images and issue description! We are actively working toward resolving this issue, and look forward to releasing a camera update in the November timeframe to address these concerns."

>>>

Has GoPro actually announced this update ANYWHERE else apart from this thread?