Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: GoPro Hero 6 - GRAIN ISSUE !!!

Thx for the white balance native tip ^^ will try as well.

I am really happy of the footage of the Go Pro hero 6 BECAUSE I do POST EDITION after... and even that I have to transform the codec H.265 into H.264 in order not to get problems with the sound... picture is ok it opens in sony vegas pro 15 but sound is just horrible ( crackling and so )... so I have to transform the file ( keeping the same quality) and then it is ok for edition. 

Will try to give you ( later this month ) a feedback on what I use in edition to reduce the noise (and not only this plugin ) ^^ Like =            Neat Video :

Hope it can help you : watch what it does :

Highlighted
Tourist

I think the most annoying part of all this is no one from ho pro has weighed in on this thread. They haven't confirmed the issue. They haven't said they are working on a fix.
Highlighted
Tourist

Hi @hopmix

If you look through the feeds you will see this,

From edg 

@GoPro

Oct 5

@amoergosum

"Thank you for the comparison images and issue description! We are actively working toward resolving this issue, and look forward to releasing a camera update in the November timeframe to address these concerns"

We are all waiting the November update, if it doesn't happen to fix the issues raised then Gopro will have a big problem.

Highlighted
Hiker

Today I buy this expensive camera for my trip to Egypt and I must return it, because it is simply useless. Indoor, even there is much of light is so many noise that my GIT2 camera for fraction of cost HERO 6 does better job. So disapointed....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlMNRrU-nYM

Highlighted
Nomad

[ Edited ]

1. What were your settings?

2. Did you shoot in 60 fps indoors?

Highlighted
Hiker

Yes I allways shoot with 60FPS it's minimal setting for me. Try to compare this video with my mobile phone camera which has much smaller optics. Both videos are 1440p/60fps except mobile phone isn't mounted on gimbal.

https://youtu.be/s8PjHBbxUW8

Highlighted
Nomad

I see the floresant lights don't affect the S8 as much as the Hero 6, and that's probably the main reason. The S8 is also over

exposed. I would try bumping the iso down a notch on the GoPro.

FYI... I know a lot of people point and shoot, and they're coming out with a firmware update in the next two weeks to

address low light noise.

Highlighted
Backpacker

[ Edited ]

hi,

@grayrange86105

what is your power source frequency? 60Hz?

if it is 50Hz, use video mode PAL, so 50fps, to compensate the fluo light flickering....

as for noise ...use PT

WB - Native

ISO max-400 

ISO min 100

Shutter - 1/fps  if fps 60 then 1/60

Sharp - medium or low

robert