Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

GoPro Hero 6 Black- some videos not playable in GoPro Studio. Plays on VLC fine.

I have used Gopro Hero6 Black for 2 months and its been great. But now some videos from the same day taken by the same gopro cam can't be played or not showing when dragged to GoPro Studio timeline. I thought it could have been corrupted but i can play the video via VLC. I have Sandisk Extreme Pro 32GB V30 micro SD and i checked the list that it works well with Hero6 Black. Haven't tried firmware update yet.Can someone enlighten me what could be wrong? Same videos can't be imported to Sony Vegas either. When I was recording also, some videos turned out to have (!) exclamation point - maybe a sign of corrupted file? I don't know if it's the SD card. It says it is made in Taiwan. Should I get something made in China? Attached is a pic. The first video is black and other video is okay.

Gopro Bug.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 6 Black- some videos not playable in GoPro Studio. Plays on VLC fine.

Hello @jephanyb47

What is the resolution setting for the videos that cannot be dragged to GoPro Studio? In which format are they saved? Do you get any error message when the import fails? 

See if the steps to fix detailed in this article about videos failing to import to GoPro Studio will help clear out the issue. 

Let us know how it works out.

Thanks, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 6 Black- some videos not playable in GoPro Studio. Plays on VLC fine.

Hello @jephanyb47

What is the resolution setting for the videos that cannot be dragged to GoPro Studio? In which format are they saved? Do you get any error message when the import fails? 

See if the steps to fix detailed in this article about videos failing to import to GoPro Studio will help clear out the issue. 

Let us know how it works out.

Thanks, 
Marius