Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: GoPro Hero 6 Black randomly turning off

BEWARE if you are running the camera without a battery while recording. 2 I have sent back for RMA because the power cord was disconnected while recording without a battery and it either had a spike, surge, or some software issue that killed the camera from running with no battery. The camera would not work anymore with battery out and cable connected. This happened on two. I refuse now to run it without a battery in because of this. They need to fix the issue so we can run it with battery in recording and charging at the same time. The hero 5 runs in this configuration no problem.

Highlighted
Hiker

They're completely ignoring the issues with the Hero 6. They will not fix anything. The company lost 95% stock in the last 4 years and is almost bankrupt. I highly recommend for you to leave a 1 star review on Amazon.

Highlighted
Nomad

NO. Anything higher than the current temperature limit could cause burns to young children and the elderly. For you maybe it's not a problem but for GoPro it's a big concern. Long exposures to 70 degrees will also severly hamper battery lifespan. 

Highlighted
Hiker

@maplepanda The only thing is that Hero 6 shuts down at 50C. That's a big ass problem.
Highlighted
Hiker

I agree. The camera is useless for moderate usage due to this, if this is the case. I have mine mounted as a dash camera with the defrost vents blowing up to the camera, and I do not think my issue is with heat though. I can touch it and it is not that hot, and there is not a warning of over temperature like the hero 5 displays. I am going to try a test tomorrow to on purposely get this thing hot and see if it displays an over temperature message like the hero 5 does.