Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

GoPro Hero 6 Black in Cold Weather

Hello, I am planning a trip to the mountaisn for a week and am wondering if my Gopro Hero 6 Black will be able to hold up in the weather. The temperature Is going to most likely be just above zero. Will having the Gopro Super Suit help keep in heat and prevent it from freezing up? I will have two extra batterys on me so battery life most likely won't be an issue. I just don't want it to stop working because of the cold and miss out on the natural scenery around me.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GoPro Hero 6 Black in Cold Weather

Hello @bigchad14. The Super Suit will not necessarily keep the camera warmer, but would act as an insulation to not dissipate heat to the environment as quickly as when the camera is not housed in it. The basic function of the Super Suit is too provide protection against debris, gravel and dirt, and extend depth rating up to 60 meters. Thanks!

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Hi @bigchad14

We do not have any official extreme temperature ratings for the camera.

Also, please watch out for Lens Fogging

I hope this helps.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

Ok thanks. Do you know if the super suit will keep it warmer?
GoPro

Hello @bigchad14. The Super Suit will not necessarily keep the camera warmer, but would act as an insulation to not dissipate heat to the environment as quickly as when the camera is not housed in it. The basic function of the Super Suit is too provide protection against debris, gravel and dirt, and extend depth rating up to 60 meters. Thanks!

Sightseer

Ok thank you @mariustanya